Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whole house energy saver????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 11:11:43 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

Quite.

Ere, harry, I heard about a similar scam where 'some people' pay good
money to put solar panels on their roofs (possibly blighting their
houses and buying into obsolete technology) that *only* provides
energy when (and you will like this bit), during the sunny days (and
not at all at night) and very little when the sun isn't shining hard
or during the winter etc. However, in spite of that massive 'issue'.
you get other people (who have no choice in the matter) to *pay you*
for the energy your create, even if you use it yourself! Yeah, you
heard it right!

And get this, it's index linked and guaranteed for 20 years or so!

But I wonder what sort of person would stoop as low as to impose that
on anyone else eh, not anyone with a functioning moral compass that's
for sure! I best it's the same people who push in at the last second
on merging traffic or leave just as it's their round down the pub. ;-(

Oh, and I nearly forgot ... not only do those same 'people' (and this
really takes some believing) want to earn money off the rest of us for
their 'snake oil' scam, they *also* expect us to carry on powering
*them* when their panels aren't working (so that's at least 1/3 of
every year!).

You really couldn't make it up could you!!!

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"harry" wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

FFS they went bankrupt years ago.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 21:12:12 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

FFS they went bankrupt years ago.

FFS others seem to be making similar products, so it remains a
legitimate topic for discussion:
http://powerstar.com/what-is-voltage-optimisation/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

You don't follow Big Clive then?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 20:12:04 +0100, T i m wrote:

Ere, harry, I heard about a similar scam where 'some people' pay good
money to put solar panels on their roofs (possibly blighting their
houses and buying into obsolete technology) that *only* provides
energy when (and you will like this bit), during the sunny days (and
not at all at night) and very little when the sun isn't shining hard
or during the winter etc. However, in spite of that massive 'issue'.
you get other people (who have no choice in the matter) to *pay you*
for the energy your create, even if you use it yourself! Yeah, you
heard it right!

And get this, it's index linked and guaranteed for 20 years or so!

That's a bit Bob Newhart ish, or the Cadbury's Smash aliens.

G.Harmans
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I hear there's free passes for buses which not everybody uses/gets.
Oh and schools which everybody has to pay for.
And an NHS. And child/unemployment benefit.

Not everybody's as thick as you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKas...Y#t=543.672167

Snake oil!

You don't follow Big Clive then?

Oh yes.
Very informative his dismemberings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, no wonder you are confused and morally bankrupt mate. ;-(

See, no one has any issues with someone recouping the 'perks' of
paying say their tax or NI for many many years and getting a benefit
from that to help them out (be it old age or disability related). The
*difference* with your bogus FIT theft is that not everyone pays
towards it and few then get *paid* from it. The equivalent would be
getting a buss pass, using it *and* getting paid to hire it out.

You are no different to those who are given council houses then sub
let them for a *profit*. Not even the same as them not living in it
themselves but letting some family members use it instead (at no cost
or no profit).

Oh and schools which everybody has to pay for.

Because they also benefit *society*. How else are they going to get
people into jobs to be able to earn money to be able to buy
electricity to be able to fund *your* little personal (non shared, non
'social') cash cow?

And an NHS. And child/unemployment benefit.

See above.

Not everybody's as thick as you.

Oh dear, caught a raw nerve have I harry? A tiny pang of guilt shining
though that pot of cash you are earning from some of us whilst
creating more pollution and not resolving any real energy supply
issues as you do so?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Not everyone does, most obviously
those whose entire income is benefits.

And an NHS. And child/unemployment benefit.

Ditto.

Not everybody's as thick as you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" k wrote in message
o.uk...

wrote:

[...]

Erm VAT /sales tax?

When their entire income is benefits, the govt had
obviously given them that money and then collected
some of that back with VAT/sales tax/excise on grog etc.

Or do they not buy anything either?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Erm VAT /sales tax? Or do they not buy anything either?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

trouble is with VAT at 20% whatever they are buying only a 1/5 or less of the money spend is coming back, and the tax payer is giving them every penny they spend anyway.

of course you could explain it using an example. But you won't.
Thare's one in teh metro today page 8.
Basicaly a husband that is studying and his wife and 8 children are complaining that their 3 bed council house is to small and has rejected a 5 bed house as to tiny they want a bigger house.
They came from france and as they had nowhere to stay were put up in a hotel for 4 months.

So niether the kids nor the parents were working, so how does the UK profit from this situation and if it doesn't who's paying for it because ubnless money is self producing......... and has no limits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
of course you could explain it using an example. But you won't.
Thare's one in teh metro today page 8.

Best not to read the Metro, then. It just gets you all annoyed.

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

AC Energy Saver mode Curly Sue Home Repair 20 July 1st 19 02:05 PM
Freezer energy saver plugs John UK diy 6 July 26th 09 06:12 PM
Philips Energy Saver Bulbs Lifetime the [email protected] UK diy 11 March 18th 09 01:42 PM
Energy-saver bulbs. Mark Wood UK diy 18 December 28th 04 03:04 PM
Energy-saver bulbs. N. Thornton UK diy 3 December 27th 04 07:21 PM