Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezer energy saver plugs

Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to
recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been
withdrawn.

Can anyone confirm. I have found references to them not being suitable if
there is an electronic display. Anything else?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"John" writes:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to
recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been
withdrawn.

Why is his freezer dead?
;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to
recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been
withdrawn.

"savaplug" is the word you need to google - yes it's been done to death
here and elsewhere.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"John" writes:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to
recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been
withdrawn.

Why is his freezer dead?
;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dunno very old and died.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" writes:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem
to recall something about such devices in the group and that some
have been withdrawn.

Why is his freezer dead?
;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dunno very old and died.

Does it work when fitted with an 'ordinary' plug?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 26, 11:08*am, "John" wrote:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to
recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been
withdrawn.

Can anyone confirm. I have found references to them not being suitable if
there is an electronic display. Anything else?

they're not compatible with most new machines, as the technology is
built in these days.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" writes:
Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem
to recall something about such devices in the group and that some
have been withdrawn.

Why is his freezer dead?
;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dunno very old and died.

Does it work when fitted with an 'ordinary' plug?
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!

Dunno - it is gone - new one in its place now.

AC Energy Saver mode Curly Sue Home Repair 20 July 1st 19 02:05 PM
Philips Energy Saver Bulbs Lifetime the [email protected] UK diy 11 March 18th 09 01:42 PM
Removing broken energy saver bulb robgraham UK diy 35 June 22nd 07 06:50 AM
Energy-saver bulbs. Mark Wood UK diy 18 December 28th 04 03:04 PM
Energy-saver bulbs. N. Thornton UK diy 3 December 27th 04 07:21 PM