Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone see the BBC prog on Sellafield?

Josh posted
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

But they still got prosecuted at the age of 95.

--
Jack
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote
Mike Tomlinson wrote

It'll be all over the torrent sites seconds after broadcast.
Looking forward to seeing what it's like

I have never used a torrent any tips for a steal it myselfer?

Use
http://thepiratebay.se/
and utorrent.

Safest to use a decent secure VPN.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Handsome Jack wrote:
Josh posted
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

But they still got prosecuted at the age of 95.

Only the worst of them, the others never got prosecuted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:

Not sure what Facebook (whatever that may be) has to do with anything.
Or are you wandering off at random onto another rant. Time for your
meds, perhaps?

That you don't understand the reference just shows how out of touch you
are.

Well I do actually.

Right. You've read it again and got the point.

But you are so windup-able, sweetie, I couldn't
resist.

Nice try. But I can spot a genuine wind up from a mile. Even one from an
expert.

Treat it as a free whoosh, since you are so short of them.

But the issue of teenagers obsessing about their Facebook/Instagram/etc
friends/likes/photos without having any real social relationships is
worrying a lot of people these days.

At least it's good you finally got it.

--
*Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Josh
escribió:

**** off, Rod. You're pathetic.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/16 22:06, Josh wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/16 12:01, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 08/09/16 09:42, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

He supports diversity and migration, but lives in a rich white suburb
of London, and has no black or Asian friends.

And he can't, I suppose, see the hypocrisy and irony in that.

He says he cant understand the Nazis. I tell him its just like animal
rights with guns, that's all. And he is being manipulated in identical
ways by identical propaganda.

Has he read any history books? He might understand them better if he
did (note for the dimwits he understanding does not imply approval).

Raised in Germany, he has read all the politically correct history
books, and has even had a whole course devoted to Nazism. He thinks he
knows far more about it than I do.

And yet after all that, he "can't understand the Nazis". Odd, really.
What does he think led to their rise, then?

Well exactly.

Are Germans just intrinsically evil?

He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

Don't be sop Germanic. You know what I mean.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/16 22:11, Handsome Jack wrote:
Josh posted
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

But they still got prosecuted at the age of 95.

Of course. Its necessary for people to distance themselves from what
happened and vilify those who did it.

So as to convince themselves that they never would have.

The virtue-signalling Left are exactly the sort of people who would be
up there with the machine guns. Id like to think I wouldn't be, but I am
fully aware of how hard it is to go against the mob.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/16 22:11, Handsome Jack wrote:
Josh posted
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

But they still got prosecuted at the age of 95.

Of course. Its necessary for people to distance themselves from what
happened and vilify those who did it.

So as to convince themselves that they never would have.

In fact the Germans were quite reluctant to prosecute most of the Auschwitz
guards.

The virtue-signalling Left are exactly the sort of people who would be
up there with the machine guns. Id like to think I wouldn't be, but I am
fully aware of how hard it is to go against the mob.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 9 September 2016 06:46:35 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/16 22:11, Handsome Jack wrote:
Josh posted
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

He wants an excuse, to make sure he isn't. I try to tell him 'we would
all be guards at Auschwitz, if the alternative was to be an inmate'

Not everyone would and it is never that binary. And quite a few guards
behaved themselves too.

But they still got prosecuted at the age of 95.

Of course. Its necessary for people to distance themselves from what
happened and vilify those who did it.

So as to convince themselves that they never would have.

The virtue-signalling Left are exactly the sort of people who would be
up there with the machine guns. Id like to think I wouldn't be, but I am
fully aware of how hard it is to go against the mob.

I doubt most of the staff there realised what they would be walking into. Once in it it's hard to see any way out.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2016 09:40, charles wrote:
I don't think he likes me any more.
He asked me if I had any advice for a young man of his age...
"learn to shoot".

well I did. With an SMLE 0.303

You sure it wasn't a No. 4? I saw almost none of the earlier types.

(I recall the first few times I fires one the recoil was physically
pushing me back. I had to crawl back up to the point every few shots...
I didn't get the hang of them until I'd grown enough to absorb it
without sliding about)

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/09/2016 09:40, charles wrote:
I don't think he likes me any more.
He asked me if I had any advice for a young man of his age...
"learn to shoot".

well I did. With an SMLE 0.303

You sure it wasn't a No. 4? I saw almost none of the earlier types.

It was a Canadian variant with a slightly longer barrel. An extra inch or
so in front of the foresight.

(I recall the first few times I fires one the recoil was physically
pushing me back. I had to crawl back up to the point every few shots...
I didn't get the hang of them until I'd grown enough to absorb it
without sliding about)

never had that, but it was sore on the shoulder,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , charles
writes
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/09/2016 09:40, charles wrote:
I don't think he likes me any more.
He asked me if I had any advice for a young man of his age...
"learn to shoot".
well I did. With an SMLE 0.303

You sure it wasn't a No. 4? I saw almost none of the earlier types.

It was a Canadian variant with a slightly longer barrel. An extra inch or
so in front of the foresight.

(I recall the first few times I fires one the recoil was physically
pushing me back. I had to crawl back up to the point every few shots...
I didn't get the hang of them until I'd grown enough to absorb it
without sliding about)

never had that, but it was sore on the shoulder,

I had one of those for a while. They were marketed bored out to 0.410.

My ambition was to make use of the magazine for multiple loading. Sadly
the blunt nose on fourlong shot cartridges made for very unreliable
re-loading and the gun was much too heavy for snap shooting anyway.

Somewhere I still have the cleaning kit which was stored in the stock!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 September 2016 21:39:01 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/09/2016 09:40, charles wrote:
I don't think he likes me any more.
He asked me if I had any advice for a young man of his age...
"learn to shoot".

well I did. With an SMLE 0.303

I never liked those things, the sights were terrible.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Saturday, 10 September 2016 21:39:01 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/09/2016 09:40, charles wrote:
I don't think he likes me any more.
He asked me if I had any advice for a young man of his age...
"learn to shoot".
well I did. With an SMLE 0.303

I never liked those things, the sights were terrible.

ours had modified sights - Parker Hale ISTR.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Favourite TOT Subject: "Sellafield clean-up cost reaches £67.5bn" Java Jive[_2_] UK diy 11 February 6th 13 02:56 PM
prog's Maurice Hood UK diy 8 July 1st 04 08:59 PM
That TV prog John Jardine UK diy 19 July 24th 03 03:47 AM