Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing polycarbonate (roof) to polycarbonate (flashings)

My supplier assures me that both the roofing material (hard,
translucent) and the edging strip (soft, brown) are polycarbonate.

What's the best adhesive to use to mate these together, for the small
number of corner cases where the available friction connections are
outside their remit?
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/21/2016 8:02 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
My supplier assures me that both the roofing material (hard,
translucent) and the edging strip (soft, brown) are polycarbonate.

What's the best adhesive to use to mate these together, for the small
number of corner cases where the available friction connections are
outside their remit?

If you need gap filling, as you might for places where things don't
quite line up, Shoe Goo is very good, and slightly flexible. I havn't
actually tried it on polycarbonate but I would be surprised if it did
not work well on an "area" (as opposed to edge-to edge) bond.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Polycarb will glue with most things, superglue included, some solvent welds run risk of crazing.

For flexibilty, MS adhesive , just used some myself on a polycarb enclosure, Everbuild Stixall , beside it on same page Clearfix looks same but with UV stabilisers

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p88438