Shabs

Default Polycarbonate roof on conservatory - How to make joints waterproof

I am constructing my own conservatory and for the lean-to roof, i
propose to use polycarbonate sheets. How are these fastened together,
either to the roof or each other in order to make them waterproof and
useable as roof material.
Christian McArdle

I am constructing my own conservatory and for the lean-to roof, i
propose to use polycarbonate sheets. How are these fastened together,
either to the roof or each other in order to make them waterproof and
useable as roof material.

Use real lead flashing at the top, not flash bands. Have the sheets run all
the way down to the guttering without joins. Use capping bars to cover the
joins between adjacent panels at the rafters. These are aluminium extrusions
with rubber seals. Consider using double glazed glass units instead of
polycarbonate, if at all feasible.
_____
/ CB \
/ /---\ \
/-/+---+\-\
--------+| |+----------
PC || || PC
--------+| |+----------
+--+ +--+
| RFT |
+---------+

PC = polycarbonate sheet
CB = capping bar
RFT = rafter

Christian.

Seri

I'd suggest ordering or downloading a PDF version of the catalog from
C&A Building Plastics (http://www.casupply.co.uk/).

They're fairly reasonably priced, but more importantly, their catalog
contains loads of information on installations and fixings. It's mostly
geared towards their products, but most of the information is
applicable across all polycarb installations.
Hope this helps a little.

Seri

Mike

"Shabs" wrote in message
om...
I am constructing my own conservatory and for the lean-to roof, i
propose to use polycarbonate sheets. How are these fastened together,
either to the roof or each other in order to make them waterproof and
useable as roof material.

Have you checked your local council allow these sheets to be used ? Some
don't (e.g. ours) and insist on glass.

Conservatory cost vs payment schedule bigbrian UK diy 11 June 13th 04 05:14 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
How to Make DoveTail Joints? Dovetail Saws charlie b Woodworking 5 January 27th 04 02:46 PM
This can make you some extra cash, check it out. Nick Burns Woodworking 1 July 15th 03 03:55 AM