Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good strong glue

On 14/08/16 15:03, John wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good strong glue that isn't a liquid? I need to
put it on a vertical surface but obviously don't want to have it all
dribble down. I have no faith in Superglue - the only thing I've ever
seen it stick is skin!

It's actually to mount my LPG control switch in position in the car.
They're self-adhesive but for some reason this just won't stay stuck on.
You can see what it's for he

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...doo/switch.jpg

I thought I had replied to this a couple of days ago, but it fell
through the cracks somewhere.

I bought Professional Glue from Hafixs a while ago, and it's quite
amazing. Sticks almost anything to almost anything, and helps me uphold
my reputation for "Grandpa fix it". I believe it's basically a
cyanoacrylate with additives. Slightly more viscous than the "ordinary"
stuff.
http://www.hafixs.co.uk/

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/16 09:10, Ramsman wrote:
On 14/08/16 15:03, John wrote:
[...]

superglue is pretty amazing: only the olefins and a few vinyls fail to
stick, but it does have a few disadvantages.

A proper D-I-Y-er has a range of adhesives and fillers at his disposal
and tries all of them out.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ramsman wrote :
On 14/08/16 15:03, John wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good strong glue that isn't a liquid? I need to
put it on a vertical surface but obviously don't want to have it all
dribble down. I have no faith in Superglue - the only thing I've ever
seen it stick is skin!

It's actually to mount my LPG control switch in position in the car.
They're self-adhesive but for some reason this just won't stay stuck on.
You can see what it's for he

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...doo/switch.jpg

I thought I had replied to this a couple of days ago, but it fell through the
cracks somewhere.

No, it's there. You replied at 18.19 on the 14th according to what I
can see. Strangely enough, my post to thank you hasn't shown!

I bought Professional Glue from Hafixs a while ago, and it's quite amazing.
Sticks almost anything to almost anything, and helps me uphold my reputation
for "Grandpa fix it". I believe it's basically a cyanoacrylate with
additives. Slightly more viscous than the "ordinary" stuff.
http://www.hafixs.co.uk/

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

John brought next idea :
Can anyone recommend a good strong glue that isn't a liquid? I need to put it
on a vertical surface but obviously don't want to have it all dribble down. I
have no faith in Superglue - the only thing I've ever seen it stick is skin!

It's actually to mount my LPG control switch in position in the car. They're
self-adhesive but for some reason this just won't stay stuck on. You can see
what it's for he

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...doo/switch.jpg

Just to put this one to bed, I went with Evostik Impact contact
adhesive and it did the job brilliantly, but thanks for all
contributions and suggestions ^^