Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT More on wind turbines (Scotland)

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7183006.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:30:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7183006.html

It comes to something when a so call 'energy source' makes the
headlines when it (for the first time ever) actually does what we need
(albeit still at a new energy cost over their lifespans).

Shame about all the other days when it's producing f-all.

But like I said, anyone pushing green energy and denigrating
everything else should be forced to have a smart meter and have their
power cut off when there is insufficient 'green energy' to supply
them.

After all, they don't want the stalwarts so why should they even want
to use them?

Cake and eat it?

Headline. "I managed to get to work and back in my plug-in electric
car!" ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but all the pollution you were causing using that second hand energy
back at the power station was probably choking somebody in the deprived
areas of clean air.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7183006.html

It comes to something when a so call 'energy source' makes the
headlines when it (for the first time ever) actually does what we need
(albeit still at a new energy cost over their lifespans).

Shame about all the other days when it's producing f-all.

But like I said, anyone pushing green energy and denigrating
everything else should be forced to have a smart meter and have their
power cut off when there is insufficient 'green energy' to supply
them.

After all, they don't want the stalwarts so why should they even want
to use them?

Cake and eat it?

Headline. "I managed to get to work and back in my plug-in electric
car!" ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes but all the pollution you were causing using that second hand energy
back at the power station was probably choking somebody in the deprived
areas of clean air.
Brian

you never got black spot on your roses in Port Talbot!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2016 09:05, charles wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes but all the pollution you were causing using that second hand energy
back at the power station was probably choking somebody in the deprived
areas of clean air.
Brian

you never got black spot on your roses in Port Talbot!

Nor was it possible to dry washing outdoors anywhere upstream of PT.
Everything covered in orange soot.

Too wet for roses in that part of Wales.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also near tolworth in S/w London nobody can put their washing outside as it
comes in smelling of burned rubber deisel and dusty. so if all vehicles
were electric, it would make a differerence here but all that power has to
come from somewhere and its not all going to come from wind or solar is it?
Brian

--
----- -

Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes but all the pollution you were causing using that second hand energy
back at the power station was probably choking somebody in the deprived
areas of clean air.
Brian

you never got black spot on your roses in Port Talbot!

Nor was it possible to dry washing outdoors anywhere upstream of PT.
Everything covered in orange soot.

Too wet for roses in that part of Wales.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Black spot is a fungal infection.
Brian

true and the sulfurous air keeps it away

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 10:07:24 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Black spot is a fungal infection.
Brian

Yes.
The sulphuric acid rain killed the fungus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 11:31:26 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Black spot is a fungal infection.
Brian

true and the sulfurous air keeps it away

Yes.
Just think what it's doing to your lungs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_po...Health_effects
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry writes
Brian Gaff wrote:
Black spot is a fungal infection.
Brian

true and the sulfurous air keeps it away

Yes.
Just think what it's doing to your lungs.

I haven't got black spot in my lungs.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian wrote:

Black spot is a fungal infection.
Brian

true and the sulfurous air keeps it away

Yes.
Just think what it's doing to your lungs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_po...Health_effects

Look how much it saves in pensions payments!

OT Wind Turbines harryagain[_2_] UK diy 84 February 27th 15 07:35 PM
OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens England’s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station The Other Mike[_3_] UK diy 9 February 27th 15 06:49 PM
More on wind turbines HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 3 July 26th 11 06:46 PM
OT - Wind Turbines John UK diy 58 October 4th 10 12:49 PM
B & Q wind turbines ? Richard UK diy 84 December 17th 06 11:40 PM