Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens England’s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station

http://sse.com/newsandviews/allartic...arm-at-keadby/

"Ed 'I haven't got a ****ing clue' Davey MP, Secretary of State for Energy and
Climate Change, today opened SSE’s Keadby Wind Farm - England’s largest onshore
wind farm"

What the small print doesn't say is this 68MW* of wind turbine capacity is sited
right next to a mothballed 735MW gas fired power station...owned by SSE.

http://sse.com/whatwedo/ourprojectsa...ypowerstation/

* 68MW possibly occasionally produced on a maybe basis now and again in a random
manner

Remember the name Ed Davey, remember the company SSE.

Post 7th May 2015 check what he is doing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:50:57 +0000
The Other Mike wrote:

http://sse.com/newsandviews/allartic...arm-at-keadby/

"Ed 'I haven't got a ****ing clue' Davey MP, Secretary of State for
Energy and Climate Change, today opened SSEs Keadby Wind Farm -
Englands largest onshore wind farm"

What the small print doesn't say is this 68MW* of wind turbine
capacity is sited right next to a mothballed 735MW gas fired power
station...owned by SSE.

http://sse.com/whatwedo/ourprojectsa...ypowerstation/

* 68MW possibly occasionally produced on a maybe basis now and again
in a random manner

I drove past our local eyesore turbines yesterday, when there was a
wind blowing, and not one of them was rotating. Funny that.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'll ask him about that next time he comes around.
Actually, he is not a bad bloke, but way out of his depth in my view. You
know he used to advise foreign postal services on efficiency.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Other Mike" wrote in message
http://sse.com/newsandviews/allartic...arm-at-keadby/

"Ed 'I haven't got a ****ing clue' Davey MP, Secretary of State for Energy
and
Climate Change, today opened SSE's Keadby Wind Farm - England's largest
onshore
wind farm"

What the small print doesn't say is this 68MW* of wind turbine capacity is
sited
right next to a mothballed 735MW gas fired power station...owned by SSE.

http://sse.com/whatwedo/ourprojectsa...ypowerstation/

* 68MW possibly occasionally produced on a maybe basis now and again in a
random
manner

Remember the name Ed Davey, remember the company SSE.

Post 7th May 2015 check what he is doing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:07:31 +0000, Davey wrote:

I drove past our local eyesore turbines yesterday, when there was a
wind blowing, and not one of them was rotating. Funny that.

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:55:08 +0000
PeterC wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:07:31 +0000, Davey wrote:

I drove past our local eyesore turbines yesterday, when there was a
wind blowing, and not one of them was rotating. Funny that.

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.

Ta-ta, as in 'Goodbye'? Yep, agreed.

Thinking about it as well, if they were tar-black as opposed to white,
they might not be such a blot on the landscape. The old airfield they
are built on is now an industrial estate, so no aircraft there to worry
about.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:07:31 +0000, Davey wrote:

I drove past our local eyesore turbines yesterday, when there was a
wind blowing, and not one of them was rotating. Funny that.

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.

Ta-ta, as in 'Goodbye'? Yep, agreed.

Thinking about it as well, if they were tar-black as opposed to white,
they might not be such a blot on the landscape...

Black is used for RAF training aircraft as it shows up well against the
sky. Perhaps they could be painted sky blue instead, or maybe grey would
blend in better with the average British sky.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:42:44 +0000, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my
surname here.me.uk wrote:

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.

Ta-ta, as in 'Goodbye'? Yep, agreed.

Thinking about it as well, if they were tar-black as opposed to white,
they might not be such a blot on the landscape...

Black is used for RAF training aircraft as it shows up well against the
sky. Perhaps they could be painted sky blue instead, or maybe grey would
blend in better with the average British sky.

Pink was used for a while in WW2

G.Harman