Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default recommendations for wood preserver

When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 19/07/2016 18:04, Tim Watts wrote:
On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up.

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up.

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

It was a bit of a "I wouldn't start from here" tongue in cheek. I should
have put a smilie on it...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up.

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

It was a bit of a "I wouldn't start from here" tongue in cheek. I should
have put a smilie on it...

Better put two next time, for the hard of understanding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 19/07/2016 18:54, GB wrote:
The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up.

:-) yip and the frame will be whatever I have in pine, I have some
lengths of 2x2 (studs for petition wall), 3x2, 4x4(fence posts),
Just using up whats left from various projects and cobbling it all
together to make a table.

Old engine oil as wood preserver David in Normandy[_6_] UK diy 22 February 18th 19 01:50 PM
new product Creocote wood preserver john morgan UK diy 18 April 22nd 15 06:43 AM
Getting rid of the stink of Wood Preserver mike[_7_] UK diy 3 November 27th 13 08:15 AM
Wood preserver question? David in Normandy[_5_] UK diy 8 March 13th 08 10:33 PM
Cuprinol Decorative Wood Preserver Nigel Molesworth UK diy 7 March 3rd 06 01:50 PM