DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   recommendations for wood preserver (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/399298-recommendations-wood-preserver.html)

ss July 19th 16 04:47 PM

recommendations for wood preserver

When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Tim Watts[_3_] July 19th 16 06:04 PM

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything :)

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

GB July 19th 16 06:14 PM

On 19/07/2016 18:04, Tim Watts wrote:
On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything :)

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up. :)

Tim Watts[_3_] July 19th 16 06:35 PM

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything :)

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up. :)

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

It was a bit of a "I wouldn't start from here" tongue in cheek. I should
have put a smilie on it...

GB July 19th 16 06:54 PM

On 19/07/16 16:47, ss wrote:
When I finish my patio table I will be looking to use a wood preserver,
any recommendations.
Also should I varnish it (I prefer not to)

Make it out of western red cedar and don't do anything :)

The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up. :)

(I chose WRC for my gutterboards)

However, Sadolin is pretty good - but I am not sure if it compatible
with use as a table surface you might eat off.

It was a bit of a "I wouldn't start from here" tongue in cheek. I should
have put a smilie on it...

Better put two next time, for the hard of understanding. :)

ss July 19th 16 08:17 PM

On 19/07/2016 18:54, GB wrote:
The whole point about this is that he has some old bed slats he wants to
use up. :)

:-) yip and the frame will be whatever I have in pine, I have some
lengths of 2x2 (studs for petition wall), 3x2, 4x4(fence posts),
Just using up whats left from various projects and cobbling it all
together to make a table.