Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Nigel Farage for next PM?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814
and became PM around 1828

There are probably others.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/30/2016 3:23 PM, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 19:56:55 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

Alec Douglas-Home wasn't an MP when he was chosen to lead the
Conservative government; he had a seat in the House of Lords but
renounced his peerage shortly after becoming PM. The last peer from
the House of Lords to head the government was the 3rd Marquess of
Salisbury who left office in 1902, and exited this world in 1903.
There were several peers in the Victorian era who were PM's.

Disraeli, in his second period as PM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

harry wrote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814
and became PM around 1828

There are probably others.

Lord Home (1963) - who disclaimed his peeerage and became "Sir Alec".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Deafening silence round here as i roflmao. Was curious to see this is
back on sale:
http://www.londonreviewbookshop.co.u...east-of-brexit
If anyone wants to buy it for my birthday.
TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

No building has been set fire to and Boris isn't the reason
the majority voted for Britain to leave the EU either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

He was proposing Farage as the next PM instead of those.

And that last wouldnt be you being in the least hypocritical
about the language being used in a usenet post, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 22:42, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

He was proposing Farage as the next PM instead of those.

And that last wouldnt be you being in the least hypocritical
about the language being used in a usenet post, eh ?

I have spent enough time on building sites to be quite unbothered by bad
language. I don't normally use it, but I had a drink earlier, maybe my
that's why. No hypocrisy there.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/2016 22:07, TimW wrote:
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

TW

Yes, true to form the Bullingdon boys have broken the country and are
running away, with the boy who started it all trying to blame one of the
commoners.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

He was proposing Farage as the next PM instead of those.

And that last wouldnt be you being in the least hypocritical
about the language being used in a usenet post, eh ?

I have spent enough time on building sites to be quite unbothered by bad
language. I don't normally use it, but I had a drink earlier, maybe my
that's why. No hypocrisy there.

There is when you were howling about others' use of language in here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

He was proposing Farage as the next PM instead of those.

And that last wouldnt be you being in the least hypocritical
about the language being used in a usenet post, eh ?

I have spent enough time on building sites to be quite unbothered by
bad language. I don't normally use it, but I had a drink earlier,
maybe my that's why. No hypocrisy there.

There is when you were howling about others' use of language in here.

I wasn't. You have mis-remembered. i don't give two hoots about bad
language. I was complaining about the casual sexism and racism, maybe
that's what you were thinking of.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 22:07:13 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rage-the-next-

leader-of-the-conservative-party-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 23:25, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

Genius, love it.
TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TimW wrote
harry wrote
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

He was proposing Farage as the next PM instead of those.

And that last wouldnt be you being in the least hypocritical
about the language being used in a usenet post, eh ?

I have spent enough time on building sites to be quite unbothered by bad
language. I don't normally use it, but I had a drink earlier,
maybe my that's why. No hypocrisy there.

There is when you were howling about others' use of language in here.

I wasn't.

Yes you did.

You have mis-remembered.

No I didnt.

i don't give two hoots about bad language.

I wasnt talking about BAD language.

I was complaining about the casual sexism and racism, maybe that's what
you were thinking of.

Of course I was. But you did just that with harry, particularly
when you were silly enough to howl 'It's about ethnicity,
cultural identity, diversity, equality, opportunity and respect'

No 'respect' visible when accurately characterising
harry as a gormless turd and calling him a dumb ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 23:50, Rod Speed wrote:
TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TimW wrote
harry wrote
[...]

I really don't understand. Has Harry 'overcome' something? Is there some
reason why it's in bad taste to criticise him? If so would want to
apologise.

Why are you stalking me and trying to find fault?

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
[...]

I really don't understand.

Clearly.

Has Harry 'overcome' something?

No idea.

Is there some reason why it's in bad taste to criticise him?

Never said anything like that. In fact I have repeatedly
put the boot in with him much more than you did there.

I was JUST pointing out that it is hypocritical
to howl about the use of language and then do
precisely what you were howling about yourself.

If so would want to apologise.

Why are you stalking me

I'm not, I read most posts in here and comment on some of them.

and trying to find fault?

I point out errors when I see them. And comment on hypocrisy too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes they tend to be lords.
Actually after his petulant outburst at the EU the other day, I doubt if
anyone would elect him to anything orther than to clean the toilet.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 July 2016 08:25:15 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes they tend to be lords.
Actually after his petulant outburst at the EU the other day, I doubt if
anyone would elect him to anything orther than to clean the toilet.
Brian

As always, he told the simple truth.
Lefties don't like it up 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 22:10:33 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

And looking more closely he
Harry, you dumb **** this is an article by Farage about potential
leaders of the Tory Party who will automatically become PM. It is not
about Farage becoming PM. You should read the article and try to
understand it before you post the link you gormless turd,

TW

Yep.
Interesting to see how many actually be bothered to read links.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 July 2016 00:10:34 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
[...]

I have helped overcome the EUSSR and change the course of history. Now that's an achievement.
What have you ever done?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/07/16 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes they tend to be lords.
Actually after his petulant outburst at the EU the other day, I doubt if
anyone would elect him to anything orther than to clean the toilet.

Hoity Toity.

Frankly seeing what is going on at the PLP and the Tory HQ who would
elect any of them either?

Farage knows whereof he speaks. Politicians whose sole purpose is to
scrabble for a power that they are totally unable to exercise
responsibly on behalf of the people, and who are simply fronts for big
business to keep the population in check without actually spending any
money on them.

Brian

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Friday, 1 July 2016 00:10:34 UTC+1, TimW wrote:

On 30/06/16 23:50, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote

Rod Speed wrote

wrote

Rod Speed wrote

wrote

harry wrote

[...]

Whinge?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Like hell you have. You always were completely
irrelevant to the referendum result.

Now that's an achievement.

Nope.

What have you ever done?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artculo , Bob Eager
escribi:

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

I posted that earlier in another thread. It predictably got TNP's
knickers in a twist.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 11:08:47 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el art*culo , Bob Eager
escribió:

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

I posted that earlier in another thread. It predictably got TNP's
knickers in a twist.

Sorry. Probably one of the threads where he is ranting a lot, that I have
killfiled. His language has deteriorated - I think he is secretly upset
at the result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artculo , Bob Eager
escribi:

Sorry.

No need, was just commenting. But thanks.

Probably one of the threads where he is ranting a lot, that I have
killfiled.

He's back in my twitlist for the time being

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

I posted that earlier in another thread. It predictably got TNP's
knickers in a twist.

Sorry. Probably one of the threads where he is ranting a lot, that I have
killfiled. His language has deteriorated - I think he is secretly upset
at the result.

I am quietly satisfied, and will be more so if we actually do leave the
bloody thing.

But it is merely the start of a long road towards restoring sanity and
common sense to politics,and public life, and building a country that
is worth living in again.

Lucas Bergkamp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 22:40:54 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"TimW" wrote in message
On 30/06/16 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

No building has been set fire to and Boris isn't the reason
the majority voted for Britain to leave the EU either.

The majority didn't vote to leave the EU, do the maths.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814
and became PM around 1828

Dooked Up?

Google only gives me one possibility:

"she got dooked up tha butt"

don't think it's that

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message ...

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message ...
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814
and became PM around 1828

Dooked Up?

Dat's what they coil it in Noo Joysey and Noo Yoik.

Capiche ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 13:55:27 +0100, tim... wrote:

"charles" wrote in message

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...el-farage-the-

next-leader-of-the-conservative-party-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814 and became PM
around 1828

Dooked Up?

Google only gives me one possibility:

"she got dooked up tha butt"

don't think it's that

tim

Made a Duke.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/07/16 13:55, tim... wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 30/06/2016 16:36, harry wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

Have we ever had any PMs have we had that weren't MPs?

The Duke of Wellington is the most obvious one.

An MP early in his career, he was "Dooked Up" in 1814
and became PM around 1828

Dooked Up?

Google only gives me one possibility:

"she got dooked up tha butt"

don't think it's that

Duked. Appointed 'Dux belorum'

tim

--
It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Burni...House_2016.jpg

I posted that earlier in another thread. It predictably got TNP's
knickers in a twist.

Sorry. Probably one of the threads where he is ranting a lot, that I have
killfiled. His language has deteriorated - I think he is secretly upset
at the result.

More likely he is blotto celebrating the result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
TimW wrote
harry wrote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2...rty-must-have/

as a mate of mine was saying this afternoon -Remember how Michael Foot
once compared Thatcher's early monetarist policies to a magician who had
taken a watch from the audience, smashed it up, and then forgotten the
rest of the trick? Looks like Boris has gone one step further - he's set
fire to the building and then legged it.

No building has been set fire to and Boris isn't the reason
the majority voted for Britain to leave the EU either.

The majority didn't vote to leave the EU,

The majority who voted did.

do the maths.

Done them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default stomach acids? gas?

If I believed what everyone says about me, I'd hate myself.

Farage michael adams[_11_] UK diy 196 July 6th 16 10:31 AM
What Nigel Farage has to say. harry UK diy 0 June 28th 16 03:34 PM
Farage on migration. harry UK diy 1 December 16th 15 06:59 PM
OT Immigration Nigel Farage harryagain[_2_] UK diy 142 May 6th 15 03:58 PM
Nigel Evans says CPS should pick up 130,000 legal bill .[_25_] UK diy 1 April 14th 14 03:19 PM