Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CCTV installation

Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate
with double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads
neatly into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to
get the 12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions?
BTW sorry this is not about the EU.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 2:37:59 PM UTC+1, Lawrence wrote:
Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate
with double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads
neatly into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to
get the 12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions?
BTW sorry this is not about the EU.

just use 2.1mm spiders in the loft space with the PSU and only run BNC down to study.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/16 15:16, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 2:37:59 PM UTC+1, Lawrence wrote:
Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate
with double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads
neatly into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to
get the 12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions?
BTW sorry this is not about the EU.

just use 2.1mm spiders in the loft space with the PSU and only run BNC down to study.

Given that you've bought the cameras, continue with the coaxial wiring
BUT while you are at it, also cable alongside with CAT5 for future IP
camera use.

Hmmm.... CAT5e cable is rated maximum of 577mA per wire, 0.188
ohm/metre. Might that work for DC power use, if cores twinned up?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:02:13 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

It could be about the EU bet they have an eu standard connector for
this.

:-)

Brian

You could use SCART... ... ...

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

It could be about the EU bet they have an eu standard connector
for this.

:-)

Brian

You could use SCART... ... ...

Could SCART be the worst cable connector ever designed? :-)

No.

Lucas Bergkamp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

It could be about the EU bet they have an eu standard connector
for this.

:-)

Brian

You could use SCART... ... ...

Could SCART be the worst cable connector ever designed? :-)

It is certainly a contender.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lawrence wrote:
Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate with
double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads neatly
into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to get the
12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions?
BTW sorry this is not about the EU.

I have some RCA leads with an inbuilt 12V flying lead for a 12V
supply which came with a car camera. Maybe a BNC version exists.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Davey wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

It could be about the EU bet they have an eu standard connector for
this.

:-)

You could use SCART... ... ...

Could SCART be the worst cable connector ever designed? :-)

No, but it certainly is one of the worst.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 4:07:27 PM UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 29/06/16 15:16, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 2:37:59 PM UTC+1, Lawrence wrote:
Just got a 8 camera system to install. Found a 4 module faceplate
with double bnc pass through socket modules to get the video leads
neatly into the attic space from my study. Can't find a neat way to
get the 12v supply via 2.1mm power plugs through. Any suggestions?
BTW sorry this is not about the EU.

just use 2.1mm spiders in the loft space with the PSU and only run BNC down to study.

Given that you've bought the cameras, continue with the coaxial wiring
BUT while you are at it, also cable alongside with CAT5 for future IP
camera use.

Hmmm.... CAT5e cable is rated maximum of 577mA per wire, 0.188
ohm/metre. Might that work for DC power use, if cores twinned up?

--
Adrian C

Use Cat5 CCTV baluns , its a lot easier

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Coax-CCT...-/172252174424

have a couple over 70m away , also easier now things are getting changed over to IP cams