Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Cheap eBay CCTV Security System Installation

A friend of mine wanted to install an inexpensive CCTV & DVR security
camera system at his property.

So I went on eBay and chose all the cheapest components including 4
generic "Made In China" cameras and a generic DVR PCI capture card for
the old PC he already had.

I took pictures of the whole procedure and wrote up a quick guide. If
any of you are looking into installing a low cost CCTV system, it
might be helpful.

Here's the gallery -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...-Installation/

The quality of the video is fine for the price but we're thinking of
upgrading to slightly better cameras in the future.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL