Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sony CCD CCTV Security Cameras & EverFocus DVR Installation

I helped a friend install a very cheap CCTV & DVR system a few weeks
ago at a small shopping plaza. We spent about $180 on the most
inexpensive "Made In China" CMOS cameras and an $8 PCI DVR capture
card to put in an old Win XP based computer.

Needless to say, the image quality of the cameras and the features of
the DVR card left a
lot to be desired.

We upgraded the system with four Sony color IR CCD CCTV cameras ($189)
and an EverFocus stand alone DVR ($500).

I took pictures of the whole process, captured some screen shot
samples of the image quality from the cameras and the EverFocus DVR.

Here's the gallery -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/S...allation-Guide

Hopefully my experience will help some of you save a bit of money and
time if you install a CCTV/DVR system yourself.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Cheap eBay CCTV Security System Installation Paul Michaels Home Ownership 0 October 28th 08 07:04 PM
home security cameras John Home Ownership 14 July 4th 05 10:35 PM
night/day cctv cameras Elessar UK diy 4 February 11th 05 11:21 PM
Video signal from CCTV cameras?? ITM UK diy 10 May 3rd 04 03:00 PM
CCTV CAMERAS tony sayer UK diy 1 August 7th 03 09:42 AM