Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It's not looking good, Dave.

On Saturday, 25 June 2016 12:10:51 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yup. Plumbers. Electricians. Pretty well all of the building trades. My
regular postman is now also eastern European. All the **** jobs no
Englishman would be seen dead doing.

What about my friend the cycle courier who got £10k compensation after
his boss sacked him for not working christmas eve and not accepting not
a pay cut but a cut in pay per drop and he admitted he could do this
because there were plenty of polish people looking for work. ?

A cycle courier who was an employee? Care to state which company he worked
for?

I'll check.

http://www.taxiforums.co.uk/Home/tab...c/Default.aspx

Paul and his other CitySprint push bike courier colleagues have had two pay cuts since 2006. In 2006 a delivery journey from EC1 to EC2 earned a courier £2.90. The same journey they now earn only £2.20. If couriers are unable to work they do not get paid. There is no sick pay, no pension scheme or paid holiday arrangements. The couriers provide their own push bikes but are charged each week, by the company for a company uniform, rent for a radio,

Now because I got him to record the telephone conversions ....

Here that there's were lots of Polish willing to work for less was quite improtant.

Of course being in the EU probbaly allows such practices does it ?

But who'd know if yuor just some thick **** from the EU.

I'd expect to be sacked for refusing to work a day which was part of my
normal working week or whatever too. Since Xmas eve isn't a holiday. Oh -
I have worked Xmas day and Boxing day etc too. Unlike most on here.

Just proves the English are a work shy. No wonder ill educated foreigners
who can't speak English can take their jobs,

No not only that he was FREELANCE,
which means he doesn't have to work any days but he had the decencey to ask so they could find someone else.

****ing idiot, there were already foreigners working there what this sort of company does is put them against each other, they'll always be peole willing to work for cheap some illegally you do know that.

Would you accept a 25% drop in pay too.
He'd collapsed of exhastion a couple of days before.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/06/16 14:11, bert wrote:

Lord King former head of BoE was interviewed today and said virtually
the same thing - remain treated the voters like idiots.

Given the Remain side was backed by the Government, that figures... They
usually treat people like idiots, which has not helped...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Dave believes in lower paid workers, as long as it's not him.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 June 2016 16:27:59 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/16 14:11, bert wrote:

Lord King former head of BoE was interviewed today and said virtually
the same thing - remain treated the voters like idiots.

Given the Remain side was backed by the Government, that figures... They
usually treat people like idiots, which has not helped...

They were financed by Goldman Sachs plus other banks.
That's all you need to know.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...main-campaign/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 June 2016 20:33:24 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 24/06/16 10:36, tim... wrote:

On 24/06/16 04:20, bm wrote:
Suicide is not the answer.

What has surprised me, is who voted which way.

I have a pretty clear idea of what goes on in various boroughs, and
the huge surprise for me was teh way the abandoned white working class
came out and totally shafted corbyn.
Who voted in?

Northern Ireland, a massive recipient of someone else's money
Scotland, a massive recipient of someone else's money
All the university towns, massive recipients of someone else money
Londonistan, including Islington
The well heeled southern bits who are all right, Jack.

It's noticeable that in the Tory heartlands down south, the only
consistent Remainers was a slew of Thames Valley districts, the bit of
the UK (outside London) where all the well paid jobs are. I was going
to call them the "I'm all right Jack" brigade, but I see you've done
that already.

The rest of us voted Leave.

(FTAOD, I am "all right" too, I just think more about the welfare of
others than some of my clan.)

Exactly.

Its the tradesmen who are happy, nit the stockbroker belt.

Turnout on some council estates said to be 80+ %, which is almost
unheard of in UK political history. Labour and their europhiles
have been thrown down the well.

Yebbut they STILL don't understand this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
A cycle courier who was an employee? Care to state which company he worked
for?

I'll check.

http://www.taxiforums.co.uk/Home/tab...c/Default.aspx

Paul and his other CitySprint push bike courier colleagues have had two
pay cuts since 2006. In 2006 a delivery journey from EC1 to EC2 earned a
courier £2.90. The same journey they now earn only £2.20. If couriers
are unable to work they do not get paid. There is no sick pay, no
pension scheme or paid holiday arrangements. The couriers provide their
own push bikes but are charged each week, by the company for a company
uniform, rent for a radio,

So almost certainly self employed, so masters of their own fate.

It looks attractive at first - no NI or tax and probably cash in hand.
Until the IR catches up with them.

--
*To err is human. To forgive is against company policy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/16 14:11, bert wrote:

Lord King former head of BoE was interviewed today and said virtually
the same thing - remain treated the voters like idiots.

Given the Remain side was backed by the Government, that figures... They
usually treat people like idiots, which has not helped...

And they weren't that far out. So many are regretting the way they voted
already. If that doesn't make them idiots, what does?

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/16 14:11, bert wrote:

Lord King former head of BoE was interviewed today and said virtually
the same thing - remain treated the voters like idiots.

Given the Remain side was backed by the Government, that figures... They
usually treat people like idiots, which has not helped...

And they weren't that far out. So many are regretting the way they voted
already. If that doesn't make them idiots, what does?

So many?

3.5 dimwits on a vox pop?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/16 14:11, bert wrote:

Lord King former head of BoE was interviewed today and said virtually
the same thing - remain treated the voters like idiots.

Given the Remain side was backed by the Government, that figures... They
usually treat people like idiots, which has not helped...

And they weren't that far out. So many are regretting the way they voted
already. If that doesn't make them idiots, what does?

Sore loser
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 27/06/16 14:14, bert wrote:
In article , michael
adams writes

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 24/06/16 12:46, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 24/06/16 12:24, michael adams wrote:

They are just losers.
Thats why they need the labour party and the EU, to tell them
what to do.

Whereas you've got those voices in your head.

michael adams

Ad hominem - the mark of quality debate...

This is UseNet. If you want quality debate try the
Oxford Union.

Although quite you should chose to jump to the defence
of Turnip, quite possibly one of the most offensive posters
on this NewsGroup, is anybody's guess.

Unless of course you're in possession of privileged information
concerning the state of Turnip's Mental Health, denied to anyone
else.

Which would certainly explain a few things.

Splendid - keep the ad-homs coming.

As for me, quite sane thank you

I didn't ask about you. What makes you think I did ?

Your being in possession of information concerning Turnip's
Mental Health has no bearing on your own mental health.
Although it might imply your being in a position of
resposibility of some kind. Being in charge of Turnip's
ward, releasing him from his strait jacket every morning,
or whatever.

michael adams

No still not up to Championship insult standard. Must do better.

I am insulted. Surely I am the MOST insulting poster on this NG.

Not you, M.A
snip
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jacky Chance wrote:
Not

jacky but Wodney.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/06/16 23:29, bert wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 27/06/16 14:14, bert wrote:
In article , michael
adams writes

I am insulted. Surely I am the MOST insulting poster on this NG.

Not you, M.A
snip

I was responding to

"Although quite you should chose to jump to the defence
of Turnip, quite possibly one of the most offensive posters
on this NewsGroup, is anybody's guess. "

Notice the badly formed sentence that doesn't actually parse

Lucas Bergkamp

Ping: Dave Liquorice or Dave Plowman Manticore UK diy 10 March 25th 11 08:58 PM
OT - Dave's Van Stephen Dawson UK diy 4 January 30th 07 05:39 PM
Thanks Dave Leader! [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 6th 06 03:52 PM