Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gaz and Leccy

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:17:41 +0100, Davey wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating and
cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:50:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:42:13 +0000, Adrian wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:50:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

It's just a very big bottle.

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£1 a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

--
Davey.

Doctor after my hand operation will I be able to play the piano?

Of course

Great, because I can't now.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/16 09:42, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:50:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

So its bottled.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 06:56:31 +0000 (UTC)
Adrian wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:17:41 +0100, Davey wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

We have a gas-fired cooking hob. But it doesn't need a smartmeter!

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/2016 09:42, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:50:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

No digester then?
TNP could run half of wales from his.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/16 13:19, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/06/2016 09:42, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:50:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

No digester then?
TNP could run half of wales from his.

Denise, I have told you before that to consider everyone else is just
like you, is a possibly dangerous mistake.

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2016-06-23, tim... wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

--
Davey.

Doctor after my hand operation will I be able to play the piano?

Of course

Great, because I can't now.

Got to use this a few years ago in A&E as the doctor stitched up a large
cut in my right forefinger. Except I said the guitar. The nurse must have
heard it before, because she started to giggle before the punch-line, but
the doctor fell for it hook, line & sinker.

Mine was singing opera and a major throat operation! Perhaps they had
heard it before and were just humouring a paying patient?

Almost worth the six stitches.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:12:11 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

Calor ?

Not at the moment, but it was until recently. Now ExtraFuel, but there's
a whole raft of suppliers, some of whom are just resellers of others.

Do they predictively top it up ?

They could do, if I had a GSM sensor on the tank. Which would be a bit
pointless, since there's no GSM signal here. There's a gauge on the top,
which I check every now and then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 11:17:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

So its bottled.

No. It's bulk, delivered into a fixed tank.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/16 18:25, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 11:17:20 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating
and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

So its bottled.

No. It's bulk, delivered into a fixed tank.

as opposed to bulk, delivered in a fixed tank.

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/2016 00:17, Davey wrote:
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill can
be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat input
setting.

--
Michael Charebe

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:14:26 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas
heating and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Bull****?

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back
gate.

So its bottled.

No. It's bulk, delivered into a fixed tank.

as opposed to bulk, delivered in a fixed tank.

I'm not sure I'd call 90 litres "bulk", nor would I call a 47kg cylinder
particularly "fixed".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/2016 19:32, Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/06/2016 00:17, Davey wrote:
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill can
be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat input
setting.

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering
several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the
sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something less
like a jet engine.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:46:42 +0100
polygonum wrote:

On 23/06/2016 19:32, Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/06/2016 00:17, Davey wrote:
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas
supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this
village.

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill
can be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise
heat input setting.

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering
several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the
sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something
less like a jet engine.

My one, whatever it is, is only noticeable on fire-up. After that, it's
just a quiet background noise. It's quite old, so I doubt that you
could buy it now.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:46:42 +0100, polygonum wrote:

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A

spill can
be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat

input
setting.

Gas is linear but the nannies have got at the minimum setting by
fitting a stop, Easy to ignore of course.

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering
several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the
sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something less
like a jet engine.

Ours isn't a jet engine, just a low fan noise with a bit of roar.
It's louder than a gas combi but then it's a bit bigger than combi.
Floor standing cast iron jobbie with 12 gallons of water inside...

The other thing is smell any leak a fuel (during maintenance say) and
the smell will hang about for a few days. Also if it's on a balanced
flue venting at low level the flue gasses are smelly.

Ok negatives but a small price if the property is what you want where
you want it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/23/2016 2:46 PM, polygonum wrote:
On 23/06/2016 19:32, Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/06/2016 00:17, Davey wrote:
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill can
be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat input
setting.

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering
several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the
sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something less
like a jet engine.

Ours is external, next to the utility room - the sound is barely noticeable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/06/2016 21:07, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/23/2016 2:46 PM, polygonum wrote:
On 23/06/2016 19:32, Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/06/2016 00:17, Davey wrote:
I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply,
which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost
certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill can
be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat input
setting.

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering
several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the
sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something less
like a jet engine.

Ours is external, next to the utility room - the sound is barely
noticeable.

I'm sure that location of the boiler and the flue make a huge
difference. Some of the properties seemed OK - but was not convinced by
the one in the kitchen - which was open to the living room.

--
Rod