Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you were getting someone else's leccy bill

If you were getting someone else's leccy bill...

How long would it take you to notice?

I've just realised, that since I moved to a new flat 14 months ago, I've
been getting someone else's electricity bill.

Well, the bill has the correct address, and the meter number on record
with the supplier is the same as the meter number labeled as being
connected to my flat. The catch is that the meter isn't connected to my
flat, and is instead connected to another flat.

I must admit that I had my suspicions after the 1st bill, but the
readings matched those on the meter - and unfortunately, the meters are
kept in a locked room, and the management only allows supervised access.
Only once I had a pretty strong suspicion something was up, did I
approached the management and ask them to let me watch all the meters
going round for 15 minutes or so.

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've just realised, that since I moved to a new flat 14 months ago, I've
been getting someone else's electricity bill.
Well, the bill has the correct address, and the meter number on record
with the supplier is the same as the meter number labeled as being
connected to my flat. The catch is that the meter isn't connected to my
flat, and is instead connected to another flat.

You need someone out there to sort it out - it may have been caused by
them simply renumbering the flats.

They will have readings from the other flat, so they should be able to
correctly attribute your usage, but you may have a fight on your hands -
see what their first response is, then go for the jugular and put a
complaint in with Energywatch http://www.energywatch.org.uk

Where it might get messy is if the other flat are with another
supplier...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:
You need someone out there to sort it out - it may have been caused by
them simply renumbering the flats.

They will have readings from the other flat, so they should be able to
correctly attribute your usage, but you may have a fight on your hands -
see what their first response is, then go for the jugular and put a
complaint in with Energywatch http://www.energywatch.org.uk

Where it might get messy is if the other flat are with another
supplier...

Yeah. Don't worry. It is in hand.

Npower have given me an appointment for an inspector to examine the
meters and my property. They've got records of consumption for both
meters since I moved in, and supply electricity to both flats.

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
You need someone out there to sort it out - it may have been caused
by them simply renumbering the flats.

They will have readings from the other flat, so they should be able
to correctly attribute your usage, but you may have a fight on your
hands - see what their first response is, then go for the jugular
and put a complaint in with Energywatch http://www.energywatch.org.uk

Where it might get messy is if the other flat are with another
supplier...

Yeah. Don't worry. It is in hand.

Npower have given me an appointment for an inspector to examine the
meters and my property. They've got records of consumption for both
meters since I moved in, and supply electricity to both flats.

Just hope that the person who's bill you have been paying is more wasteful
than you are.

--
Alex - posting using all 64 bits in widescreen :0)

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:51:42 +0000, Mark wrote:

Well, the bill has the correct address, and the meter number on record
with the supplier is the same as the meter number labeled as being
connected to my flat. The catch is that the meter isn't connected to my
flat, and is instead connected to another flat.

Oh boy you are going to have fun sorting that one out. There may be five
parties involved. You, the other flat occupiers, the company you buy
electricity from, the company the other flat buys electricity from and
the local distribution company.

I don't think I'd try and do this by phone but write with copies to every
other party explaining the situation. In theory it's just a swap of meter
point numbers but as that is the key reference I bet it's not simple to
do.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Gas bill in the wrong units LJMeek UK diy 7 September 15th 06 11:19 PM
electric bill Freckles Home Repair 10 January 28th 06 09:50 PM
Suggestions on cutting energy bill -- Alex Home Repair 60 January 23rd 06 09:18 PM
OT - Bill, Al and Dubya Cliff Metalworking 2 January 5th 06 09:05 PM
WTF.. Strange leccy meter issue Bob Dung UK diy 20 August 14th 05 12:57 PM