Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Route ethernet cable through coax routing?

I want to route ethernet cable to a few rooms in a fairly small house.

Taking up floors is not an option because of wood flooring and I don't
want visible cable although routing cable around skirting boards may be
the easiest eventual solution.

There are aerial points in the house and the cable is routed within the
plasterboard wall of the timber frame house.

If the coax cabling is successfully dropping from the attick to the
ground floor through the wall (and from the attic to other rooms) I am
guessing that there is a clear channel within the plasterboard walls
which in theory I could squeeze the ethernet cable into.

Has anyone done this?

Presumably I would need an ethernet router in the attic to split the
single feed cable from the main modem/router into individual feeds.

TV Coax Sharing Conduit: AC or EtherNet? (PeteCresswell) Home Repair 24 October 1st 15 01:18 PM
OT Ethernet Cable DerbyBoy UK diy 33 January 8th 12 06:54 PM
Routing coax Graham Jones[_3_] UK diy 10 May 31st 10 05:13 PM
Cable TV and coax splitters - Hookup splitter to Digital Cable JTT Home Repair 1 August 24th 07 03:15 AM
Cable Route to Boiler TheScullster UK diy 2 September 8th 06 12:27 PM