Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Routing coax

Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Graham Jones
scribeth thus
Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Yes, just don't bend it too sharply anywhere so that it deforms the
cable structure around an inch radius....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 May, 09:52, Graham Jones wrote:
Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

50mm separation from mains cables.

(in practice, tricky to maintain everywhere - just don't run it
alongside the cable to the socket where you always plug in your
welder)

Sockets should be between 400mm and 1200mm of floor level (well that's
the rule for mains sockets and switches - well apart from dedicated-
purpose sockets - oh ignore it!)

Not wrapping your coax around mains cables over long runs is the only
one I'd worry about.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham Jones" wrote in message
Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would

like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Everyone is of course assuming the OP mean co-axial as per television
aerial cable or Satellite box in which case there are no major problem
doing as he says. Now if it's co-axial mains feeder as per the drop
from most overhead power installations to the electricity suppliers
main fuse we're in a whole different scenario................G

Terms need defining!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Mawson
scribeth thus

"Graham Jones" wrote in message
Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would

like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Everyone is of course assuming the OP mean co-axial as per television
aerial cable or Satellite box in which case there are no major problem
doing as he says. Now if it's co-axial mains feeder as per the drop
from most overhead power installations to the electricity suppliers
main fuse we're in a whole different scenario................G

Terms need defining!

AWEM

Umm.. Never heard the leccy blokes call it co-ax tho in a way thats what
it is dunno abaht the impedance ;?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Humm .. well we know of quite a few radio and telly studios where a
lorra cables, mains, CAT5 and 6 and summat else, phones, balanced audio,
twisted pair , low level co-ax, fibre etc have been lumped together in
the same duct with no known problems;!..

It may be that they're using screened mains cable in that environment,
as well as having clean (filtered) supplies. And gear built to
commercial standards with better suppression.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 May, 12:38, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
"Graham Jones" wrote in message

Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would

like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Everyone is of course assuming the OP mean co-axial as per television
aerial cable or Satellite box in which case there are no major problem
doing as he says. *Now if it's co-axial mains feeder as per the drop
from most overhead power installations to the electricity suppliers
main fuse we're in a whole different scenario................G

Terms need defining!

AWEM

That stuff is called CONCENTRIC cable
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"cynic" wrote in message
On 31 May, 12:38, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
"Graham Jones" wrote in message

Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would

like to
run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Everyone is of course assuming the OP mean co-axial as per

television
aerial cable or Satellite box in which case there are no major

problem
doing as he says. Now if it's co-axial mains feeder as per the drop
from most overhead power installations to the electricity suppliers
main fuse we're in a whole different scenario................G

Terms need defining!

AWEM

That stuff is called CONCENTRIC cable

Concentric(sharing the same centre) being a synonym for co-axial
(sharing the same axis), so yes!!

AWEM