Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Snake oil is alive & well!

http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/1/2016 11:45 AM, David Lang wrote:
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

And today's date is?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:57:46 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 4/1/2016 11:45 AM, David Lang wrote:
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

And today's date is?

Not august or september 2003

http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/2011_04_Apr_2_NL.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2016 16:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:57:46 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 4/1/2016 11:45 AM, David Lang wrote:
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

And today's date is?

Not august or september 2003

http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/2011_04_Apr_2_NL.pdf

They are still on sale today, based on the claims made in that article.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote

http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

Least his last name is appropriate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

Wots it all about,too many words.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
David Lang wrote:
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

Wots it all about,too many words.

I agree

All I saw before I gave up was someone ranting on about some new fangled
technology he had used as a cure

I didn't get to a point where I thought he was trying to sell me something

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

April 1st is a good day for this kind of stuff as everyone thinks you are
joking.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David Lang" wrote in message
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most of the claims are either the placebo effect or spontaneous healing,
both of which are probably the body doing it for itself. There have been
studies about this. Most suggest that through evolution we have forgotten
how to directly affect parts of our body to heal them, which used to happen
subconsciously.
Reading the file its really quite funny, as effectively one is using no
energy, so it should not give something for nothing as that is impossible.
Good fun to read it though
As I say it may well be that believing something g can do yu good is
important. if you go into it sceptical as we would, it probably won't do a
darned thing.

Not quite sure of how he gets 3 v from 9 old fashioned batteries either.
:-)
Brian

--
----- -

"David Lang" wrote in message
http://www.comsci.org.uk/pdfs/aura_article.pdf

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Most of the claims are either the placebo effect or spontaneous healing,
both of which are probably the body doing it for itself. There have been
studies about this.

Yes.

Most suggest that through evolution we have forgotten how to directly
affect parts of our body to heal them, which used to happen
subconsciously.

Not a shred of evidence of anything like that last ever
happening and it certainly isnt seen with animals etc.

Reading the file its really quite funny, as effectively one is using no
energy, so it should not give something for nothing as that is impossible.
Good fun to read it though

As I say it may well be that believing something g can do yu good is
important. if you go into it sceptical as we would, it probably won't do a
darned thing.

There isnt a shred of rigorous scientific evidence
that with something like cancer or diabetes that
how you think about it or what you believe
makes any difference what so ever.

Not quite sure of how he gets 3 v from 9 old fashioned batteries either.
:-)

Puts some of them in backwards, silly.