Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Convert model w/snake, to non-snake?

Hello

I have a (Dremel-manufactured) Craftsman variable rotary tool, model
#572-251471. It has the snake already attached and it is somewhat
annoying. I would like to install the collar & collet to make it a
non-snake model and cannot seem to find the non-snake equivalent to
order the parts. I can't believe that they produced the body & motor
on mine to only use it on a snake-model.

I have gone through countless diagrams on Sears Parts website and have
no way of knowing from the crude diagrams if any of the non-whip pieces
are the correct size for mine.

Does anyone know which collar and collet I may be able to use on mine
to convert to non-snake use? This is a Made in USA model and I REALLY
do not want to be forced to replace it with some piece of crap from
China.

Thank you
Karl
West Des Moines, IA

Posted to rec.woodworking

#572-251471. It has the snake already attached and it is somewhat
annoying. I would like to install the collar & collet to make it a
non-snake model and cannot seem to find the non-snake equivalent to
order the parts. I can't believe that they produced the body & motor
on mine to only use it on a snake-model.

I have gone through countless diagrams on Sears Parts website and have
no way of knowing from the crude diagrams if any of the non-whip pieces
are the correct size for mine.

Does anyone know which collar and collet I may be able to use on mine
to convert to non-snake use? This is a Made in USA model and I REALLY
do not want to be forced to replace it with some piece of crap from
China.

If it's so old that the standard collar and collet that you'll find ad
Home Depot don't work then it's probably pretty crappy anyway.

Incidentally, Dremel is owned by Bosch and their tools are not made in
China.

Thank you
Karl
West Des Moines, IA

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

#572-251471. It has the snake already attached and it is somewhat
[...]

Absolutely! My two older ones were made in Racine, Wisconsin. My
newest one was made in Mexico.

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

All my life I wanted to be someone. I
guess I should have been more specific.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 23 Nov 2006 20:01:02 -0800, "karlt10" wrote:

Thank you
Karl
West Des Moines, IA

Do they have Menard's in Des Moines?

If so, they stock tons of Dremel accessories- it's a leap of faith,
but if you know that the Craftsman was manufactured by Dremel, you may
as well try out a Dremel one.

If not, and if the Craftsman flex shaft is anything like Dremel's at
all, you should be able to pull the nut and collet off the end of the
shaft and use it normally without the flex shaft attached. The only
thing that changes with the Dremel is that there is a plastic "neck"
that screws on the body, but it is not a functional part- I think it's
just to keep the plastic threads from getting banged up.

toilet snake bevusa Home Repair 1 April 19th 06 01:46 AM
snake hook material Ian Timshel Metalworking 6 March 22nd 06 05:56 AM
proper way to use a power snake victor Home Repair 2 November 29th 05 04:10 AM
electricians snake JJ UK diy 9 December 6th 04 01:24 PM
snake recommendations mike Home Repair 3 November 19th 04 03:57 AM