Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neat installation - but.....

In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit instalation
dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector heater.

But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat that
controls the heater. Mmmm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 March 2016 16:51:28 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit instalation
dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector heater.
But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat that
controls the heater. Mmmm!

Lovely.

I've rewired all my thermostat besa boxes for the tannoy system.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit instalation
dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector heater.

But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat that
controls the heater. Mmmm!

If it is conduit, the thermostat could easily be wired after the FCU.

--
*I didn't drive my husband crazy -- I flew him there -- it was faster

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit instalation
dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector heater.

But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat that
controls the heater. Mmmm!

If it is conduit, the thermostat could easily be wired after the FCU.

I was thinking about the heater affecting the thermostat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
DerbyBorn wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit
instalation dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector
heater.

But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat
that controls the heater. Mmmm!

If it is conduit, the thermostat could easily be wired after the FCU.

I was thinking about the heater affecting the thermostat.

A fan heater has the thermostat built in. Central heating rads a
thermostatic valve attached to them

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article 2,
DerbyBorn wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit
instalation dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector
heater.

But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room thermostat
that controls the heater. Mmmm!

If it is conduit, the thermostat could easily be wired after the FCU.

I was thinking about the heater affecting the thermostat.

A fan heater has the thermostat built in. Central heating rads a
thermostatic valve attached to them

And whole house central heating mostly has separate thermostats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It is bad practice to place a thermostat where it will be "directly"
influenced by the output of the heater. Having it a couple of feet above an
electric convector will assure that the heating turns off as soon as the
heater starts to output any useful heat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , DerbyBorn
wrote:

It is bad practice to place a thermostat where it will be "directly"
influenced by the output of the heater. Having it a couple of feet above
an electric convector will assure that the heating turns off as soon as
the heater starts to output any useful heat.

However, I would assume that both heating systems would not be in use at
the same time.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
DerbyBorn wrote:

It is bad practice to place a thermostat where it will be "directly"
influenced by the output of the heater. Having it a couple of feet above
an electric convector will assure that the heating turns off as soon as
the heater starts to output any useful heat.

Yes and no. A convector works by pulling in cold air and heating it. And
the room temperature is never going to be totally even. So you may just
need to set the thermostat at a higher figure to get it to arrive at the
temperature you want, if it isn't on the other side of the room from the
heater.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Neat contraption steamer Metalworking 2 March 2nd 12 07:30 PM
Neat metalworking RBnDFW Metalworking 7 January 10th 10 05:05 AM
Neat Wiring TheOldFellow UK diy 25 August 18th 09 04:59 PM
Another Neat Idea Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 10 August 1st 09 04:35 PM
Neat tip from our plasterer [email protected] UK diy 2 July 14th 05 10:21 PM