Default Neat tip from our plasterer

Thought I'd share this tip from the plasterer that we have in at the
moment. Having gutted the extension of the house and dealt with all
sorts of problems (dry rot in joists etc) we've finally finished and
were ready to get it plastered. We're re-wiring at the same time, so
we'd chased cables into the walls and covered with plastic protective
stuff which is of course quite shiny. Oh, the walls are block and
render by the way. So anyway, the tip is, to get the compo to stick
properly to the shiny plastic and the smooth bricks that are dotted
about, mix up some PVA, sand, cement and water and just paint it on -
compo should stick like magic.

Well I thought it was a useful tip anyway - never seen it mentioned
anywhere else before (and am a long time lurker .

Phil

Chris McBrien

PVA - I have used PVA glue diluted with water to seal the inside of a pot
that became porus. Just a desertspoon of PVA and add water so that it is
like milk. Pour this into the porus pot and swirl it around for a while.
Pour out the excess and just let it soak in and set.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

PC Paul

"Chris McBrien" wrote in message
. ..
PVA - I have used PVA glue diluted with water to seal the inside of a pot
that became porus. Just a desertspoon of PVA and add water so that it is
like milk. Pour this into the porus pot and swirl it around for a while.
Pour out the excess and just let it soak in and set.

Make sure you use exterior PVA not kids white PVA glue which will dissolve
again...