Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem with bathroom towel rail. Bent tails.

Young grand daughter decided to use this as a climbing frame.
Partially dislodged the thing from the bathroom wall. I suspect it may not
have been well fitted to the brick wall originally. Can't blame the child,
she's only 3, but she will be told.
Results are a leak between one rad tail and the valve, both 15mm copper
supply tails somewhat bent and the whole affair now rather ricketty on the
four fixings. Dual fuel fwiw. Bending to tails is up to 15mm in two planes.
I've shut the valves, drained, and graunched up the leaking fitting. For now
not leaking.
Obviously I must put this right.
Problem is that the supply tails protrude only about 100mm through the stone
floor. I can drain down, remove rail and make the fixings good. What worries
me is that if I try to bend the supply tails back to vertical(ish) I may
kink or snap the tails.
Then I would be in trouble.
Any solutions please?

Thanks,