Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap mobiles

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was
just one store or nationwide, I don't know.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2016 09:18, News wrote:

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was
just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

I used to sell high volume high-end comms equipment to Nokia (and most
other telecom companies) in the late 90's early 00's when they had the
market for themselves. They were the most arrogant, smug, and rude of
the lot of them, and the most hated place for us to go to.

Can't say I feel sorry for them (or what's left of them).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe Wrote in message:
On 04/02/2016 09:18, News wrote:

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was
just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

I used to sell high volume high-end comms equipment to Nokia (and most
other telecom companies) in the late 90's early 00's when they had the
market for themselves. They were the most arrogant, smug, and rude of
the lot of them, and the most hated place for us to go to.

Can't say I feel sorry for them (or what's left of them).

Feel better now :-) ?
Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2016 11:08, Chris French wrote:
JoeJoe Wrote in message:
On 04/02/2016 09:18, News wrote:

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was
just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

I used to sell high volume high-end comms equipment to Nokia (and most
other telecom companies) in the late 90's early 00's when they had the
market for themselves. They were the most arrogant, smug, and rude of
the lot of them, and the most hated place for us to go to.

Can't say I feel sorry for them (or what's left of them).

Feel better now
:-) ?

I do... ;-)

Have been bottling it in for nearly 20 years...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe Wrote in message:
On 04/02/2016 09:18, News wrote:

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that was
just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

I used to sell high volume high-end comms equipment to Nokia (and most
other telecom companies) in the late 90's early 00's when they had the
market for themselves. They were the most arrogant, smug, and rude of
the lot of them, and the most hated place for us to go to.

Can't say I feel sorry for them (or what's left of them).

Tesco's supplier's feel exactly the same about their customer.
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , News
writes

Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the
clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups.
Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether that
was just one store or nationwide, I don't know.

Round here, it seems to be each store individually.

Some time ago I got a Nokia thing that looks like a Blackberry with the
keyboard and biggish screen for a fiver. It was a lifesaver when I had
to supervise son's huge fence being put up and needed to send him photos
to liaise with the fencing people as they progressed.
The getting £30 credit for a Tesco £10 top-up helped as well.

--
Bill