Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Affordable Mobiles?

X-Post to uk.d-i-y

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Anyone any experience (good or bad) of Affordable Mobiles?
I was led to them by a Groupon offer someone forwarded to me.

I am looking for a Samsung Galaxy S II, probably on 3.

I still haven't worked out if the Groupon offer is good or bad, but it is
certainly confusing.
It seems to be that you pay £19 to get the phone for £119 plus a 24 month
£22 a month contract on 3 Text 500.
If I haven't missed something that is £138 up front.
Saving is claimed to be £148.74 and 89% - I don't know how they calculate
that.

Going direct to the Affordable Mobiles website there are a number of
confusing offers.
It looks as though you can get the same handset for £0 up front plus a 24
month £26 a month contract on 3 Text 500.
My dodgy maths suggests that this costs overall £96 more than the £22 a
month rental so is a better deal than paying over £100 up front.
Assuming that I understand the Groupon deal, of course.

However the Affordable Mobiles web site also lists what appears to be an
identical deal (£0 + 24 months on 3 Text 500) for £27 a month.

This is where I start to get horribly consfused, because there are a
number of deals listed most of which seem to be the same deal but at a
higher price.
3 Text 500 varies from £26 a month to £29 a month and I can't see any
difference.

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/c.../28696317.html
is the page I am currently looking at.

So can someone please tell me what is going on?
Are they brokering deals with different companies with diffferent
discounts?
Else why the range of prices for apparently identical offerings?

Oh, and the same offering direct from 3 seems to be £30 a month.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder