Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi timer back-up battery

Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the
timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler
with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference.

I would like to turn off gas, water and electric (not forgetting the
freezer) on times that I go away and would prefer not to have to set up
the timer again every time I come home.

Thanks,

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:43:59 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the
timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler
with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference.

I would like to turn off gas, water and electric (not forgetting the
freezer) on times that I go away and would prefer not to have to set up
the timer again every time I come home.

How long are you going away for each time?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/16 08:45, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:43:59 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the
timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler
with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference.

I would like to turn off gas, water and electric (not forgetting the
freezer) on times that I go away and would prefer not to have to set up
the timer again every time I come home.

How long are you going away for each time?

It varies: next time is ten days, sometimes it is a month or two. Five
months once and could be again.

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/16 08:47, Nick Odell wrote:
On 04/02/16 08:45, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:43:59 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the
timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler
with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference.

I would like to turn off gas, water and electric (not forgetting the
freezer) on times that I go away and would prefer not to have to set up
the timer again every time I come home.

How long are you going away for each time?

It varies: next time is ten days, sometimes it is a month or two. Five
months once and could be again.

I suppose that deserves a follow-up question: how long does it take the
backup battery to regain full charge? If the person who comes in to
check the house were to put the electricity on for a while, how long
need that while be?

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most people who go away for long periods actually either r have a person who
comes in say a couple of times a week over the duration and some even have
the heating set to keep the place from getting too cold inside.
Otherwise when one comes back all sorts of issues will start to happen like
leaking pipes, stuck pumps, and infestations nobody has noticed. However I
guess its up to the individual.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/16 08:45, Adrian wrote:
On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 08:43:59 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the
timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler
with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference.

I would like to turn off gas, water and electric (not forgetting the
freezer) on times that I go away and would prefer not to have to set up
the timer again every time I come home.

How long are you going away for each time?

It varies: next time is ten days, sometimes it is a month or two. Five
months once and could be again.

I suppose that deserves a follow-up question: how long does it take the
backup battery to regain full charge? If the person who comes in to
check the house were to put the electricity on for a while, how long
need that while be?

Some hours i would guess. I wouldn't expect the battery to last
more than a few days, but who knows.

I'd be worried about the CH system freezing, assuming you aren't
draining down (could put anti freeze in I guess), and does you
house insurance have any requirements when left empty. They often
do, esp when left empty for more than 30 days.
Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/4/2016 4:51 AM, Chris French wrote:

I'd be worried about the CH system freezing, assuming you aren't
draining down (could put anti freeze in I guess), and does you
house insurance have any requirements when left empty. They often
do, esp when left empty for more than 30 days.

My insurer requires the heating left no lower than IIRC 12 degrees when
the house is empty.(I don't have the policy to hand at the moment).

Combi Timer Switch Tom UK diy 9 August 25th 08 01:27 AM
combi boiler timer problem ramman UK diy 4 October 5th 07 01:08 AM
Combi timer David White UK diy 7 November 29th 04 03:08 PM
Danfoss FP715 Timer / Combi Boiler DK UK diy 0 February 11th 04 08:02 PM
Worcester Combi - Timer Get's Stuck young lad UK diy 3 October 8th 03 10:19 PM