Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking Garage

My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corrugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not something that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/2015 20:25, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corr

ugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As th

e garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at le

ast until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but
not somethi

ng that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so
any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard

A good quality tarpaulin.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/2015 20:25, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corrugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not something that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard

Never used any of them, but these might be worth looking at if you have
a Wickes nearby;

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Products/Bui...uids/c/1000254

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/12/2015 20:25, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corrugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not something that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard

Flashband, using the primer. 3 or 4 inch squares over the leaky nails.
I have used it for roof repairs and it makes an effective seal. It
shoud not be too stickt by next summer

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 20:26:00 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corrugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not something that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard

Other advice is good.
Do NOT walk on roof without additional support (crawlboards/planks.
You might fall through it if it's that bad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1442967 20151208 202557 Tricky Dicky wrote:
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corruga=
ted panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garag=
e is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least un=
til the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not somet=
hing that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any=
recommendations welcome?

I've used Acrypol+ for years. Dries none-sticky and lasts for ages.
Not cheap, but very effective.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Acrypol%2B-W...y-5kg/p/137220

I paid £70 in Jewsons for my tin about 10 years ago!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Chris Hogg Wrote in message:
On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 12:25:57 -0800 (PST), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corrugated panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garage is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix that will last at least until the summer. I am looking for some kind of paint on repair but not something that will become a sticky mess when it comes to demolishing it, so any recommendations welcome?

Thanks in anticipation
Richard

Had the same problem on the garage roof here, 15 years ago. Crawled
all over it on a ladder plus crawling boards, and covered each nail
head and washer with a very generous dollop of Unibond black roof and
gutter sealant http://tinyurl.com/z284aah . It's black and sticky, but
does eventually harden up a bit. But whether it will be hard enough
for you by the summer, I don't know. It's still up there after 15
years, and still doing a reasonable job.

+1 to the approach.
Ms polymer eg stixall are available in black (toolsatan) and will
"set" within hours.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , jim
writes
wrote:

[...]

Yup, I was just about to suggest that (well the brand I've used is
Geocel 'The Works', but I assume they are all the same kind of stuff).

Can be applied whilst the surfaces are wet as well if necessary.

For a paint on product I've used Isoflex Liquid Rubber. Dries in a day
or two to a rubbery coating, as the name suggests, but it says apply
about 10C and I'm not sure if it would like it being damp, so maybe not
such a good product for this time of the year?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the suggestions. The next question is what size crawl boards are recommended, the corrugated panels are supported on 4" x 2" s spaced about 1200mm apart?

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
Thanks for all the suggestions. The next question is what size crawl boards are recommended, the corrugated panels are supported on 4" x 2" s spaced about 1200mm apart?

Richard

Long ladder

--
Jim K