Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EPC - What a joke

Electrical side of solar was hooked up today and the all important EPC
chap came along to do a rating as we need to be "D" or above I believe
for maximum FIT rate.

All was going great to start with having full UFH in 4 zones and even
commented on my loft insulation being the neatest he'd ever seen.. but
then he went downstairs! First thing was questioned was whether the
cavity on the "underground" side of the house was filled, but alas not
as it's underground and tanked so they couldn't drill from inside.

THEN he said "oh, you have radiators. That means I have to ignore your
UFH"

My attempts to enlighten him as to the fact that the bedroom radiators
were sized to run at the UFH flow temp. and that even without heating
the bedrooms hadn't ever gone colder than about 12 degrees in deep
winter and that the boiler was temperature modulated... no. none of
that mattered, it was seen as no insulation and radiators... The root of
all evil apparently.

No floor insulation downstairs either...
Oh FFS No, it's underground and more like a passive house than a
regular "above ground" property. The floor never gets cold as it's
UNDERGROUND...

and breathe

Just waiting to see what comedy rating the "system" will give the
property now.. He did say that if it was lower than 55(?) he'd save
submitting it until he could re-rate it with solar panels fitted (as
they have to back up all findings with photraphic evidence) but it just
highlights what a pointless farce the whole EPC rating is.

Just wanted to have a Friday vent... at the stupidity of these
"official" created jobs that only require monkeys to tick boxes without
having to have any educated input based on individual environmental
variables.

OT Snp Joke. harryagain[_2_] UK diy 5 May 8th 15 12:21 AM
OT Joke Mr Pounder Esquire UK diy 30 May 4th 15 08:17 PM
A joke William Sommerwerck Electronics Repair 12 February 1st 11 10:32 PM
OT - Joke Mike Marlow Woodworking 10 March 28th 09 01:56 AM
OT - joke J T Woodworking 9 June 14th 05 04:21 AM