Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ebac 2650e filters

Generally pleased with the ebac 2650e dehumumidifier. I don't trust the water level sensor (it failed once and flooded), so use a countdown timer to stop it after 12 hours.
Anyway, the original filter is looking a bit dirty (I guess its the activated carbon rather than bacterial filter).
Can these be cleaned, and it so what is the best way ?
Hoover and/or washing ?

Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 3:29:51 PM UTC+1, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2015 02:30:26 -0700, sm_jamieson wrote:

Generally pleased with the ebac 2650e dehumumidifier. I don't trust the
water level sensor (it failed once and flooded), so use a countdown
timer to stop it after 12 hours.

Sticky switch in the back of the dehumidifier ? Sounds like a design
fault, since ours has *exactly* this problem. It's never overrun like
yours. But sometimes removing the collector doesn't trip the off mode.

On the plus side, they have a 5 year guarantee.

Anyway, the original filter is looking a bit dirty (I guess its the
activated carbon rather than bacterial filter).
Can these be cleaned, and it so what is the best way ?
Hoover and/or washing ?

Thanks,
Simon.

So far, when we remember, we hoover ours. But even when it was new,
removing the filter assembly caused it to speed up (suggesting there's
some resistance anyway).

I looked at the design of the switch. There is a float on a pivot and the non-float side of the pivot moves against a tag that trips the circuit. It looks like the design of the two touching parts is sort of aimed to reduce friction, but there is no roller or anything.

The design is terrible and always a risk of sticking. There are comments in many online reviews about this problem, and they have never sorted it. I was thinking of doing a mod myself, but then hit on the countdown timer instead.

They could improve the design by making the float more buoyant so it moves with more force against the tag.

There seems to be various filters that fit - an antibacterial one, an activated carbon one, and I have a feeling the supplied one - described as washable in the manual - is just a fibrous filter. I'll have a look tonight.

The unit is however, fine at doing its basic job !

Simon.

ebac 2650 spillage sm_jamieson UK diy 8 October 24th 14 11:42 AM
WIX Filters for less Steve Ackman Metalworking 4 January 27th 11 12:36 AM
Seeking Opinions on air return filters and air vent filters No Way Home Repair 19 June 11th 07 06:52 PM
Air Filters - Questions re the ones for the HVAC and seperate plug-in type air filters. Ron Cliborn Home Repair 3 August 13th 06 05:37 PM
WTD: TV SAW filters [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 October 9th 04 08:08 AM