Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Keter toolboxes, any good, any experience here?

I'm looking for a mobile toolbox, probably a two-tier one. I've
looked at the cheaper Stanley and B&D ones and the on line reviews for
them which suggest they're not very robust though the layout is OK.

Keter's Mastercart series seem similar and I've seen some good
comments about them, however I can't find one to actually look at.
Does anyone here have one or have any comments about Keter stuff in
general?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a mobile toolbox, probably a two-tier one. I've
looked at the cheaper Stanley and B&D ones and the on line reviews for
them which suggest they're not very robust though the layout is OK.

Keter's Mastercart series seem similar and I've seen some good
comments about them, however I can't find one to actually look at.
Does anyone here have one or have any comments about Keter stuff in
general?

Chris Green
·

Keter garden storage boxes made in Israel are rubbish quality so I wouldn't
trust a tool box made there ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes

wrote in message ...

Does anyone here have one or have any comments about Keter stuff in
general?

Chris Green
·

Keter garden storage boxes made in Israel are rubbish quality so I wouldn't
trust a tool box made there ....

I have a Keter shed, which I liked until the door catch worked loose in
wind, one door blew open and threw bits of hinge and door to the ground.
My jigsaw-like repair with oodles of epoxy have worked, but I'd look for
more robust construction next time.

I've got a load of stuff in there, all piled up. The walls and doors bow
out (not in the sense of taking applause) a bit where things lean on
them.
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 26/06/2015 11:26, wrote:
wrote:
I'm looking for a mobile toolbox, probably a two-tier one. I've
looked at the cheaper Stanley and B&D ones and the on line reviews for
them which suggest they're not very robust though the layout is OK.

Keter's Mastercart series seem similar and I've seen some good
comments about them, however I can't find one to actually look at.
Does anyone here have one or have any comments about Keter stuff in
general?

I've also found this one from SGS which seems to tick a lot of boxes
for me, anyone have one or know anything about SGS?

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/stc50...piece-tool-box

"Only" 14.5 kg unloaded, and it is plastic! Must be bloody substantial.

Obviously, it is horses for courses but I have a couple of these, one
for all my general small mechanical stuff, the other with crimpers,
megger, heat shrink and other electrical kit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-1975...tanley+toolbox

They are pretty robust. It is handy that they stack.

But they aren't wheeled which is what I am particularly after.

--
Chris Green
·