markm

Default Good experience with chisels

Never liked chisels much, having a few Stanley and several English brands
like Crown & Marples. I didn't like them because I seemed that I spend all
my time sharpening them.

I took up carving a couple of years ago and have accumulated some 100+ Pfeil
tools that really impressed me. My girlfriend had bought me a couple of
sets of English tools but they did more to discourage me than anything else.

I noticed that Pfeil now has chisels and just bought the full range. They
are not a fancy looking as some but I'm really impressed with their
performance!

They came razor sharp and I have used them quite a bit and haven't had to
sharpen them yet.

They also don't say Pfeil on them but rather "Swiss Made" , I recognized the
markings from my carving tools though.

Good hard tools, give e'm a try if you use such tools.

mark

Kevin Craig

In article doiXb.301921$I06.3075556@attbi_s01, markm
wrote:

They also don't say Pfeil on them but rather "Swiss Made" , I recognized the
markings from my carving tools though.

Good hard tools, give e'm a try if you use such tools.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a source?

Kevin