Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting a keyless remote re-programmed

SWAMBO managed to accidentally put her remote through a white wash & spin cycle. As expected fresh out of the machine the remote no longer worked. However, after disassembling it, drying it carefully with a hair dryer and replacing the battery it started to work of a fashion. The lock and unlock buttons now only open the boot, the boot button does nothing and that is it. To my mind a re-program might solve it but checking with my Ford main dealer he tells me that to re-program it costs £70 (for as far as I know a few minutes work on a computer) and he thinks it is probably f**ked anyway and to mend it with a new one is £200.

Does anyone know who could do the job cheaper? 70 beer vouchers is a bit much for a try that might not work. Previous cars we owned had instructions in the manual to program remotes at the car, this one does not. SWAMBO has done this before on a previous car, on that occasion drying out and replacing the battery managed to rescue it. BTW the car is a Ford Kuga if that has any bearing on the problem.

Richard