Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Otish Pesticides

After 26 November 2015, even old gits won't be able to buy concentrated
pesticides/herbicides.
Eg Roundup.
Might be the time now to stock up. Beat the rush nearer the date.

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidanc...rights-changes

Bloody EUSSR again I 'spect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:

After 26 November 2015, even old gits won't be able to buy concentrated
pesticides/herbicides.

Yeah, I read about that elsewhere, seems a bit unnecessary to cancel
rights that will die out as the people born before the relevant date
themselves do. The whole point of "grandfather rights" being to not
take rights away from anyone, but to avoid granting them to anyone else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , harryagain
writes
After 26 November 2015, even old gits won't be able to buy concentrated
pesticides/herbicides.
Eg Roundup.
Might be the time now to stock up. Beat the rush nearer the date.

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidanc...s/News/Collect
ed-Updates/Information-Updates-2013/June/Grandfather-rights-changes

Bloody EUSSR again I 'spect.

This is aimed at users of crop protection products likely to end up in
the food chain.

This is my last year of legal spraying. I can still purchase product for
use by others who have met the training requirements.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , harryagain
writes
After 26 November 2015, even old gits won't be able to buy concentrated
pesticides/herbicides.
Eg Roundup.
Might be the time now to stock up. Beat the rush nearer the date.

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidanc...s/News/Collect
ed-Updates/Information-Updates-2013/June/Grandfather-rights-changes

Bloody EUSSR again I 'spect.

This is aimed at users of crop protection products likely to end up in
the food chain.

This is my last year of legal spraying. I can still purchase product
for use by others who have met the training requirements.

Addendum:-)

Regular independent testing of crop spray equipment will become
mandatory. Currently this is only required for members of the various
crop accreditation schemes.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidanc...s/News/Collect
ed-Updates/Information-Updates-2013/June/Grandfather-rights-changes

Bloody EUSSR again I 'spect.

This is aimed at users of crop protection products likely to end up in
the food chain.

This is my last year of legal spraying. I can still purchase product
for use by others who have met the training requirements.

Addendum:-)

Regular independent testing of crop spray equipment will become
mandatory. Currently this is only required for members of the various
crop accreditation schemes.

What problem is all this ******** intended to solve?

Precautionary only.

There has been a voluntary scheme for training sprayer operators in
place for some time. This simply makes it illegal to operate spray
equipment without the required certification. (Even knapsacks!)

I have not heard anything about extending this to *garden use* sprays or
equipment.

Makes some sense when you think that a ready to harvest wheat crop could
be sprayed with a hormone weedkiller when the operator was meant to use
Roundup. Ignoring the dilution between farm and end use, this could end
up in your McVities Hob nobs:-)

(And is it true that one will not be able to buy concentrated glyphosate
any more? The last time I bought some, no-one asked me how old I was or
what it was for. Mind you, I got a bit carried away and now have enough to
last me the rest of my life.)

--
Tim Lamb

Spray can pesticides - Shelf life? Jmagerl Home Repair 16 July 5th 18 03:25 PM
OTish The Book The Medway Handyman UK diy 42 August 16th 13 08:07 PM
OTish Youtube. harry UK diy 7 November 25th 12 11:06 AM
OTish? TV to PC connections Mike.. . . . UK diy 33 January 5th 12 10:40 AM
OTish. You'll like this. Not a lot but some. harry UK diy 28 September 4th 11 09:29 AM