Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Otish Pesticides

In message , Huge
writes
http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/guidanc...s/News/Collect
ed-Updates/Information-Updates-2013/June/Grandfather-rights-changes

Bloody EUSSR again I 'spect.

This is aimed at users of crop protection products likely to end up in
the food chain.

This is my last year of legal spraying. I can still purchase product
for use by others who have met the training requirements.

Addendum:-)

Regular independent testing of crop spray equipment will become
mandatory. Currently this is only required for members of the various
crop accreditation schemes.

What problem is all this ******** intended to solve?

Precautionary only.

There has been a voluntary scheme for training sprayer operators in
place for some time. This simply makes it illegal to operate spray
equipment without the required certification. (Even knapsacks!)

I have not heard anything about extending this to *garden use* sprays or
equipment.

Makes some sense when you think that a ready to harvest wheat crop could
be sprayed with a hormone weedkiller when the operator was meant to use
Roundup. Ignoring the dilution between farm and end use, this could end
up in your McVities Hob nobs:-)

(And is it true that one will not be able to buy concentrated glyphosate
any more? The last time I bought some, no-one asked me how old I was or
what it was for. Mind you, I got a bit carried away and now have enough to
last me the rest of my life.)

--
Tim Lamb