Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish Youtube.

I am having a problem with the sound breaking up on youtube.
Adobe Flashplayer with Google Chrome
Any ideas as to the cause/cure?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Slow computer? I see with latest flash that this kind of thing is getting
worse, no wonder they are plugging html 5.

Brian

--
From the laptop of

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
I am having a problem with the sound breaking up on youtube.
Adobe Flashplayer with Google Chrome
Any ideas as to the cause/cure?

your solar panels arent producing enough power to suck the sound through the
internet wires properly,
You'll have to get the emergency genny bike out and pedal like feck for a
few hours to get enough power to suck the sound through properly again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
I am having a problem with the sound breaking up on youtube.
Adobe Flashplayer with Google Chrome
Any ideas as to the cause/cure?

VM have been having glitches for ages. Dunno about BT.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:26:44 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Slow computer? I see with latest flash that this kind of thing is
getting worse, no wonder they are plugging html 5.

Is it easy to save html5 vids? One of the convenient things about the
older flash players was that they'd just save a copy of the entire video
in your temp directory for you...

Video playback goes noticably wonky on my PC whenever it starts filling
up with dog hair...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 22:55:22 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:26:44 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Slow computer? I see with latest flash that this kind of thing is
getting worse, no wonder they are plugging html 5.

Is it easy to save html5 vids? One of the convenient things about the
older flash players was that they'd just save a copy of the entire video
in your temp directory for you...

Video playback goes noticably wonky on my PC whenever it starts filling
up with dog hair...

I wouldn't know an html5 video if it bit me - is that the new standard
that YouTube uses? All I know about that is YT now leaves a succession
of little files in the cache instead of one big one.

The latest version of VLC media player from videolan can download the
latest YouTube vids, however. And it can download most everything else
too. You simply point the player at the url and let it play it. There
are options for directly downloading or you can hit VLC's big, red
record button while you are playing the vid and it will download it
while you watch.

Apols if you knew all this already.

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I do find that this player is good, but unfortunately for us blind its not
all accessible from what i can tell.

However hyou may well ask who would want videos if blind. There are times
when the sound track is great though.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm not sure its that as flash from other sources seems to be fine.
One other oddity I have noticed recently is the bbc player getting to a
certain point then jumping back to the beginning and then running all the
way through!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

OTish Shale gas UK harry UK diy 7 April 6th 12 09:44 AM
OTish? TV to PC connections Mike.. . . . UK diy 33 January 5th 12 10:40 AM
OTish Ornithopter. harry UK diy 25 November 24th 11 12:05 AM
OTish. You'll like this. Not a lot but some. harry UK diy 28 September 4th 11 09:29 AM
Youtube harry UK diy 19 May 12th 11 10:40 AM