Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default McDonalds....

Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the drive
through windows .....and about every other building in this country does ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive through windows .....and about every other building in this
country does ? .....

Have you changed your name yet again Peter Hucker? Your posts seem quite
similar to that of 'Tough Guy no. 1265' and 'Uncle Peter' and the rave from
the grave one of 'PHucker'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 09 May 2015 22:06:22 +0100, Let It Be wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive through windows .....and about every other building in this
country does ? .....

Have you changed your name yet again Peter Hucker? Your posts seem quite
similar to that of 'Tough Guy no. 1265' and 'Uncle Peter' and the rave from
the grave one of 'PHucker'

It's not me, but I don't see what's wrong with the quite sensible question. There's nothing magically different about a McDonalds.

--
Why was the guitar teacher arrested?
For fingering A minor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive through windows .....and about every other building in this
country does ? .....

Have you changed your name yet again Peter Hucker? Your posts seem quite
similar to that of 'Tough Guy no. 1265' and 'Uncle Peter' and the rave
from
the grave one of 'PHucker'

It's not me, but I don't see what's wrong with the quite sensible
question. There's nothing magically different about a McDonalds.

Why was the guitar teacher arrested?
For fingering A minor.

that is what I thought .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote
in message ...
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the drive
through windows .....and about every other building in this country does ?

The downpipes are probably internal hence invisible.
Common on flat roof buildings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the drive
through windows .....and about every other building in this country does ?

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel.

AAMOI what are gutters for? To keep the water away from the foundations,
or off the walls when it's windy? And away from nearby people, obviously.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

?

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel.

AAMOI what are gutters for? To keep the water away from the foundations,
or off the walls when it's windy? And away from nearby people, obviously.

Best to have gutters at roof level then, to reduce the effect of the wind.

But if there are no gutters at roof level, they never get blocked with
leaves etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive through windows .....and about every other building in this
country does ? .....

Have you changed your name yet again Peter Hucker? Your posts seem quite
similar to that of 'Tough Guy no. 1265' and 'Uncle Peter' and the rave
from
the grave one of 'PHucker'

It's not me, but I don't see what's wrong with the quite sensible
question.

There's nothing magical about a McDonalds.

Corrected your mistake:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive
through windows .....and about every other building in this country
does ?

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters
at ground level, filled with gravel.

AAMOI what are gutters for? To keep the water away from the
foundations, or off the walls when it's windy? And away from nearby
people, obviously.

Best to have gutters at roof level then, to reduce the effect of the
wind.

But if there are no gutters at roof level, they never get blocked with
leaves etc.

YUP. If you have the overhang then gutters at high level are not
required - and gutters at ground level area deal easier to clean

Walls can take a bit of water, its constant deluges from eg roof valleys
that need to bee diverted away..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnes wrote:

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel

A French drain?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote in
o.uk:

Mike Barnes wrote:

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel

A French drain?

Most McDonalds have a flat roof with some air-con plant on the top. The
pitched roof is a cosmetic trim to look "traditional".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Most McDonalds have a flat roof with some air-con plant on the top. The
pitched roof is a cosmetic trim to look "traditional".

Along with the brick-effect plastic panels for walls, and wood-effect
aluminium plant tubs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Andy Burns wrote in
o.uk:

Mike Barnes wrote:

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel

A French drain?

Most McDonalds have a flat roof with some air-con plant on the top. The
pitched roof is a cosmetic trim to look "traditional".

very true but there is still a hell of a lot of witter comes off it ....good
for SUDS though

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive through windows .....and about every other building in this
country does ? .....

Have you changed your name yet again Peter Hucker? Your posts seem quite
similar to that of 'Tough Guy no. 1265' and 'Uncle Peter' and the rave
from
the grave one of 'PHucker'

It's not me, but I don't see what's wrong with the quite sensible
question.

There's nothing magical about a McDonalds.

Corrected your mistake:-)

Adam

No body can do it like McDonalds can ...nobody, nobody else in this whole
land,...nobody can do it like McDonalds can ...I always new it no body can
do it like McDonalds can..NO BODY...(McDonalds jingle 1970's merryka)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
Are you sure about this? I would imagine its only new builds that are this
way, so maybe they just happen to design it that way.
Brian

we used to give them building warrants with no gutters probably because the
main flat roof was drained.....but I drew the line at the unvented voids
they wanted under the suspended floors that were level with the ground.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
DerbyBorn wrote:

Most McDonalds have a flat roof with some air-con plant on the top. The
pitched roof is a cosmetic trim to look "traditional".

Along with the brick-effect plastic panels for walls, and wood-effect
aluminium plant tubs.

now there is a classic original ......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mc...m%3B1024%3B654

Posted to uk.d-i-y

McDonalds....'squandering the worlds resources'....except in Scotland where
you don't get a bag .....ho ho ho

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anybody remember Stripes or was it Strikes hamburger ? ..... or Casey
Jones?...or Beefeaters burgers in Glasgow Union Street ?...first in Scotland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...just rainwater diverters at the
drive
through windows .....and about every other building in this country
does ?

A friend's house in Massachusetts also has no gutters.

Or rather, from what I can gather, the house has rather large gutters at
ground level, filled with gravel.

AAMOI what are gutters for? To keep the water away from the foundations,
or off the walls when it's windy? And away from nearby people,
obviously.

Best to have gutters at roof level then, to reduce the effect of the
wind.

But if there are no gutters at roof level, they never get blocked with
leaves etc.

Lets dismantle the house entirely, then. That would mean zero
maintenance costs!

It ain't about maintenance costs, its about doing
what reduces the amount of maintenance required.

Only a fool doesnt do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

McDonalds....'squandering the worlds resources'....except in Scotland
where you don't get a bag .....ho ho ho

Are you seriously claiming that there are no old bags in Scotland ?

I could have sworn that Liz's mum came from there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

I assume that the jingle means "sell ****":-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
There's nothing magical about a McDonalds.

Corrected your mistake:-)

Adam

No body can do it like McDonalds can ...nobody, nobody else in this whole
land,...nobody can do it like McDonalds can ...I always new it no body
can do it like McDonalds can..NO BODY...(McDonalds jingle 1970's merryka)

I assume that the jingle means "sell ****":-)

Adam

yes well...I hate going into Macs and ordering as it goes like this ....I
say standard size big mac meal with sprite to go....they say is that a large
meal?...no...what drink would you like with that?....sprite....are you
eating in or taking away?....take away........................so now I just
go in and say BURGER...saves a lot of time .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
There's nothing magical about a McDonalds.

Corrected your mistake:-)

Adam

No body can do it like McDonalds can ...nobody, nobody else in this
whole land,...nobody can do it like McDonalds can ...I always new it no
body can do it like McDonalds can..NO BODY...(McDonalds jingle 1970's
merryka)

I assume that the jingle means "sell ****":-)

Adam

yes well...I hate going into Macs and ordering as it goes like this ....I
say standard size big mac meal with sprite to go....they say is that a
large meal?...no...what drink would you like with that?....sprite....are
you eating in or taking away?....take away........................so now I
just go in and say BURGER...saves a lot of time .....

we just went to bugger king ...two standard big kings with sprite, sit
in....is that the large meal? ...no are yo...Oh you said sit in...better
better ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 19:37, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...

SFAIK, I have only eaten in McDonalds once and that was because they
were the only eating place open in Verona on Christmas Eve. I don't
recall the building not having gutters.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar .me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/05/2015 19:37, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...

SFAIK, I have only eaten in McDonalds once and that was because they were
the only eating place open in Verona on Christmas Eve. I don't recall the
building not having gutters.

Colin Bignell

do they not sell beer abroad?...this could be the problem ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 May 2015 11:50:22 +0100
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
There's nothing magical about a McDonalds.

Corrected your mistake:-)

Adam

No body can do it like McDonalds can ...nobody, nobody else in
this whole land,...nobody can do it like McDonalds can ...I always
new it no body can do it like McDonalds can..NO BODY...(McDonalds
jingle 1970's merryka)

I assume that the jingle means "sell ****":-)

Adam

yes well...I hate going into Macs and ordering as it goes like
this ....I say standard size big mac meal with sprite to go....they
say is that a large meal?...no...what drink would you like with
that?....sprite....are you eating in or taking away?....take
away........................so now I just go in and say
BURGER...saves a lot of time .....

It's like early computer programming, one question at a time, no
banking up of questions, the correct order or not at all.
Think of them as a pile of punched cards, then it makes more sense.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

I remember going on a customer service course years ago and the wumman was
going on and on about how good Macs were always asking if you wanted this
and that implying that this was all about customer service....I stood up and
said look behind the drive through order window and you will see a sign that
says SELL UP ...and walked out....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I remember going on a customer service course years ago and the wumman
was going on and on about how good Macs were always asking if you
wanted this and that implying that this was all about customer
service....I stood up and said look behind the drive through order
window and you will see a sign that says SELL UP ...and walked
out....

I don't have a problem with the concept of them trying to sell more. you
can decline. Occasionally they may tempt you. Customer service includes,
clean premises, clean toilets, staff trained to try to communicate, etc. I
thik they do a good job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...

I remember going on a customer service course years ago and the wumman
was going on and on about how good Macs were always asking if you
wanted this and that implying that this was all about customer
service....I stood up and said look behind the drive through order
window and you will see a sign that says SELL UP ...and walked
out....

I don't have a problem with the concept of them trying to sell more. you
can decline. Occasionally they may tempt you. Customer service includes,
clean premises, clean toilets, staff trained to try to communicate, etc. I
thik they do a good job.

I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx69z5msI-g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 May 2015 17:43:15 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

I don't give a toss who serves me, as long as they're competent. I refuse
to go to McDogbits because I refuse to eat the **** they call "food".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2015 17:43:15 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

I don't give a toss who serves me, as long as they're competent. I refuse
to go to McDogbits because I refuse to eat the **** they call "food".

I quite like it ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/15 17:58, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2015 17:43:15 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

I don't give a toss who serves me, as long as they're competent. I refuse
to go to McDogbits because I refuse to eat the **** they call "food".

I quite like it ........

well when its all 11:30pm on a maim road, and nothing else is open, I
can enjoy it too/.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar .me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/05/2015 19:37, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
Why do McDonalds have no gutters?...

SFAIK, I have only eaten in McDonalds once and that was because they were
the only eating place open in Verona on Christmas Eve. I don't recall the
building not having gutters.

Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant.........

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

It's not who serves me but what they serve.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I don't like being served by minimum wage tattooed yoof ......

It's not who serves me but what they serve.

Adam

like spit, urine, snot or their talywackers in a sandwich .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwQ...l=brownbetty76
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in news:mioagh$anj$1@dont-
email.me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwQ...l=brownbetty76

I like to see youths being trained to be polite to customers and to
communicate clearly. Regards the food - they seem to be well supervised -
the kitchens often on view - many checks and very busy. Staff learn to work
to procedures. I may not go in often - but I have no gripes - even though
it is fashionable to knock them (or Ryanair).