Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic sleeve for interior of old clay soil pipe - about 100mm

Anyone know of a plastic sleeve product which will go inside an old clay
soil pipe? As far as I can tell the old pipe has about a 4" internal
diameter.

Details: I have come across an old soil pipe which is very badly
cracked - at least to the parts that I can see - and has small roots
growing in to it through the cracks. The ideal thing would be to replace
it with a new one but parts of the existing pipe are fairly inaccessible
without going to a lot of extra cost and would require damage to an
internal tiled floor that I may not be able to match with replacement
tiles.

So I wondered if it was possible to buy a plastic internal sleeve for
such old pipes. The idea is that the sleeve would support the walls of
the existing pipe, stop water leaking through the cracks, and provide a
good end to join on to the subsequent pipe.

That's the idea. Is there any product for a problem such as this? Unless
it is flexible I would only need a short length - say less than 2 feet.

James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2015 14:41, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 14:37:28 +0100, James Harris wrote:

[...]

Weren't water companies running some sort of pig down their old ceramic
pipes and lining them with plastic to save the cost of relaying them ?
The ceramic providing the structural strength, and the plastic sealing
any leaks ?

Suggests there's a commercial sector out there ....

I think they do that for the big (12 inches and upwards) cast iron stuff.

Oddly enough I have roots getting into a 4 inch ceramic soil pipe too. I
will be digging it up in the next couple of weeks and may also be trying
to "line" one section (under a large shrub / small tree).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Yes, Working for a school I saw the preparations for sleveing an old
drain. It involved putting a glass fibre liner in the drain and then
treating the liner with resin.

Unfortunately I did not see this done as it was decided that it was mor
cost effective to continue cutting the roots (which were the original
problem) than sleving the drain.

I woulds suspect that asking for quotes around the larger compaies
(probably not Dyno Rod) might produce some prices/info

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/15 14:37, James Harris wrote:
[...]

A professional company can line the inside with an epoxy soaked sleeve
(inverse bandage) - this is held in place by a balloon until set. It is
a standard drain repair method where direct access is undesirable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to James Harris, Paul Ryan wrote:
Flexeal do a joiner ideal for this it costs around 40 at Travis Perkins or
online

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...0-1044531-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 15:44:05 UTC, Paul Ryan wrote:
replying to James Harris, Paul Ryan wrote:
Flexeal do a joiner ideal for this it costs around 40 at Travis Perkins or
online

He sat waiting 4 years for that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 17:40:27 UTC, wrote:
He sat waiting 4 years for that.

British plumbers, never come when they promise

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Paul Ryan wrote

Flexeal do a joiner ideal for this it costs
around 40 at Travis Perkins or online

He sat waiting 4 years for that.

Patience is a virtue, boy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 07:24:24 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Patience is a virtue, boy.

Indeed, people on the Net AND in real life are patiently waiting for you
85-year-old senile cantankerous cretin to croak!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

100MM PVC TO 4 INCH CAST IRON SOIL PIPE ian UK diy 2 October 29th 09 05:18 PM
Soil Pipe - Plastic on to castiron Peter Hemmings UK diy 4 September 29th 05 07:44 PM
Leak at plastic soil pipe to clay soil pipe join Darren UK diy 2 October 12th 04 09:49 PM
4" plastic soil pipe Grunff UK diy 9 February 22nd 04 08:00 PM
Leaking soil pipe (non-plastic) Tom UK diy 11 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM