Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The earlier pic project possibly SOLVED

and for not a lot...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-El...em20ed2c 7456

Counts up from zero, has a count reset button, measures the water which
has flowed, to one tenth of a litre.

It is not designed for the display to be remotely mounted, but I
suspect it can be adapted to do so. If not the pipes can be lead to
where it can be seen, full flow for the hose and its cheap as chips.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2015 16:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
and for not a lot...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-El...em20ed2c 7456

Counts up from zero, has a count reset button, measures the water which
has flowed, to one tenth of a litre.

It is not designed for the display to be remotely mounted, but I suspect
it can be adapted to do so. If not the pipes can be lead to where it can
be seen, full flow for the hose and its cheap as chips.

I sincerely hope that you're *not* proposing to use lead pipes!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote on 28/04/2015 :
On 28/04/2015 16:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
and for not a lot...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-El...em20ed2c 7456

Counts up from zero, has a count reset button, measures the water which
has flowed, to one tenth of a litre.

It is not designed for the display to be remotely mounted, but I suspect
it can be adapted to do so. If not the pipes can be lead to where it can
be seen, full flow for the hose and its cheap as chips.

I sincerely hope that you're *not* proposing to use lead pipes!

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/15 18:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

Well, that occurred to me.

So I decided to use a sense current of about 0.1mA

In order to test the water thing, I stuck two of the stainless probes in
glass of water and ran it at 10mA (100x) for a few hours.

The water did get a slight brown tinge so I guess some iron came out.

Being a proper mad scientist I drank the water!

Anyway, no ill effects so I declared 100 times less current in about 100
times as much water would be more than safe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote :
On 28/04/15 18:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

Well, that occurred to me.

So I decided to use a sense current of about 0.1mA

In order to test the water thing, I stuck two of the stainless probes in
glass of water and ran it at 10mA (100x) for a few hours.

The water did get a slight brown tinge so I guess some iron came out.

Being a proper mad scientist I drank the water!

Anyway, no ill effects so I declared 100 times less current in about 100
times as much water would be more than safe.

A small amount of FE is maybe not so bad, but the chromium in the SS
maybe would not be so healthy.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 19:30:38 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/04/15 18:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

Well, that occurred to me.

So I decided to use a sense current of about 0.1mA

In order to test the water thing, I stuck two of the stainless probes in
glass of water and ran it at 10mA (100x) for a few hours.

The water did get a slight brown tinge so I guess some iron came out.

You should use food grade SS for such things.

Being a proper mad scientist I drank the water!

Anyway, no ill effects so I declared 100 times less current in about 100
times as much water would be more than safe.

after just how long, don't forget how long lead and mercury poisoning takes to show. You could end up standing for UKIP in a few years ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/15 12:19, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 19:30:38 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/04/15 18:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

Well, that occurred to me.

So I decided to use a sense current of about 0.1mA

In order to test the water thing, I stuck two of the stainless probes in
glass of water and ran it at 10mA (100x) for a few hours.

The water did get a slight brown tinge so I guess some iron came out.

You should use food grade SS for such things.

This was in 1978 or so - getting SS rod was bloody hard as it was! We
did not get picky as to what grade...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Harry
Bloomfield escribió:

Got to be better than metal probes in the water, with a voltage across
them lol

*whoosh*

hint: led to, lead to...

--
:: je suis Charlie :: yo soy Charlie :: ik ben Charlie ::

OT Women? Who was complaining about them earlier. ARWadsworth UK diy 25 November 3rd 10 02:19 AM
CD Player (earlier thread) John UK diy 3 July 25th 09 10:40 PM
Wish I'd thought of that earlier! OG UK diy 14 September 28th 08 11:18 AM
i probably should have asked this at some point earlier in my life z Home Repair 9 August 4th 07 04:08 PM
Sash Windows... further to an earlier thread! Fishter UK diy 3 September 25th 03 08:35 AM