Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q prepares for tape and ties demand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 00:38, Adam Aglionby wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html

B&Q could buy several copies of the book they plan to circulate in any
charity book shop, saving themselves money and helping charities at the
same time. It is almost as common as second hand copies of the Da Vinci
Code.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:38:22 -0800, Adam Aglionby wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...1400246/BandQ-

sends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand-
for-cable-ties-and-rope.html

Anyone read "Fifty Sheds of Grey"?

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adam
Aglionby writes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...400246/BandQ-s
ends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand-fo
r-cable-ties-and-rope.html

Should make for some unusual excuses in A&E
--
Nick (=----)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html

Well, if they're on he ball, they'll sell them some cable snips as well to
get them of afterward.
Maybe strawberry flavoured?

I expect there'll be a big rush to A&E with people with slit wrists/whatever
trying to cut them off with kitchen knives.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Maybe that is part of the point......

Though I was wondering what sort of questions some one might wander up
to a member of staff in B&Q and ask? Maybe Wickes could do one of their
leaflets?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 01:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 16:38:22 -0800, Adam Aglionby wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...1400246/BandQ-

sends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand-
for-cable-ties-and-rope.html

Anyone read "Fifty Sheds of Grey"?

I have - brilliantly funny!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There are already companies cashing in though. an advert on a freeview
channel after 10pm a couple of nights ago has a 50 shades gift pack. It t
was an online sex toy shop, but one wonders about the way the items were
sourced.
I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few months,,
The staff could do with a good laught I reckon.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Chris French" wrote in message
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Maybe that is part of the point......

Though I was wondering what sort of questions some one might wander up to
a member of staff in B&Q and ask? Maybe Wickes could do one of their
leaflets?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 07:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

A new line for B&Q - fluffy pink over sleeves for cable ties.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 05:17, Nick wrote:
In message , Adam
Aglionby writes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...400246/BandQ-s
ends-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-memo-warning-staff-to-expect-soar-in-demand-fo
r-cable-ties-and-rope.html

Should make for some unusual excuses in A&E

I heard it was written by a woman in this century, so that rules it out
on two counts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
There are already companies cashing in though. an advert on a freeview
channel after 10pm a couple of nights ago has a 50 shades gift pack. It t
was an online sex toy shop, but one wonders about the way the items were
sourced.
I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few months,,

The staff could do with a good laught I reckon.

They've already had plenty of those. Watch the Bizarre ER series sometime.

"Chris French" wrote in message
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Maybe that is part of the point......

Though I was wondering what sort of questions some one might wander up to
a member of staff in B&Q and ask? Maybe Wickes could do one of their
leaflets?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 07:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Brian

You can always sell them short lengths of hose to go with them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 08:54, Brian Gaff wrote:

I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few months,,
The staff could do with a good laught I reckon.

By all accounts they get a good few anyway. They apparently also have a
manual of standard techniques for extracting things from places they
ought not be!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 07:06, harryagain wrote:

snip !

Well, if they're on the ball, they'll sell them some cable snips as well to
get them off afterward.

I'm afraid that is beyond my imagination. I mean how?...

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 10/02/2015 08:54, Brian Gaff wrote:

I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few months,,
The staff could do with a good laught I reckon.

By all accounts they get a good few anyway. They apparently also have a
manual of standard techniques for extracting things from places they
ought not be!

Indeed, my wife is hospital consultant, don't hear so many tales now as
A&E isn't her area. But when they were all more junior doctors I heard
quite a few.

I think basically, if you imagine something being put somewhere (and
sometimes things you can't imagine), they've seen it......
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 10:09, Chris French wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 10/02/2015 08:54, Brian Gaff wrote:

I see a lot of strange injuries presenting at a/e in the next few
months,,
The staff could do with a good laught I reckon.

By all accounts they get a good few anyway. They apparently also have
a manual of standard techniques for extracting things from places they
ought not be!

Indeed, my wife is hospital consultant, don't hear so many tales now as
A&E isn't her area. But when they were all more junior doctors I heard
quite a few.

I think basically, if you imagine something being put somewhere (and
sometimes things you can't imagine), they've seen it......

A mate of mine returned from an A&E conference (he was running the AV
systems for the event) with some tales... One that sticks in the mind
(and by the sounds of it elsewhere!) was how to get a pint glass out of
a rectum (length of rope with a knot in the end, and plaster as used for
casts etc)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:06:21 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

A mate of mine returned from an A&E conference (he was running the AV
systems for the event) with some tales... One that sticks in the mind
(and by the sounds of it elsewhere!) was how to get a pint glass out of
a rectum (length of rope with a knot in the end,

Jug or Sleeve ?

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 07:17:57 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that silk is the only material that can be used to tie people up without causing bruising.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 08:55:20 UTC, harry wrote:
"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html

Well, if they're on he ball, they'll sell them some cable snips as well to
get them of afterward.
Maybe strawberry flavoured?

I expect there'll be a big rush to A&E with people with slit wrists/whatever
trying to cut them off with kitchen knives.

Some of us are more sensible and buy the releasable cable ties.
Some people just don't have a clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/15 14:03, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 08:55:20 UTC, harry wrote:
"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-and-rope.html

Well, if they're on he ball, they'll sell them some cable snips as well to
get them of afterward.
Maybe strawberry flavoured?

I expect there'll be a big rush to A&E with people with slit wrists/whatever
trying to cut them off with kitchen knives.

Some of us are more sensible and buy the releasable cable ties.
Some people just don't have a clue.

What was that Dr Who in Tom Baker where the Dr and IIRC Romana (maybe
Leela) were tied up with vines which would shrink as they drived and
stretch them (people not the vines)?

The Dr sang out a high note (which caused Romana/whoever to tell him off
as it didn't hurt that much so soon). However what he did was cause a
glass skylight to break letting in rain onto the vines which then went
soggy and slack.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2015 07:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
Have not cable ties got rather sharp edges for such uses?

Brian

B&Q now sell fur covered cable ties.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 09:58:35 UTC, Huge wrote:
Not safe for work, or those of a delicate nature.

Having read the description, I'm not pressing play.

Owain

Company Which Joe Biden's Son Is Director Prepares To Drill Shale Gas InEast Ukraine H0me G u y Home Repair 0 July 26th 14 04:08 PM
How Do You Cut Railroad Ties? Abby Brown Home Repair 28 August 26th 10 01:13 AM
Creosote ties SteveB Home Repair 8 June 9th 08 08:48 PM
How to cut railroad ties? Zz Yzx Home Repair 11 April 15th 08 06:22 PM
Collar ties Eigenvector Home Repair 1 July 14th 07 07:09 AM