Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default Instructions for Triplex dowelling jig?

I have a Triplex (French make) dowelling jig sans instructions & am puzzled as to how to use it.
The jig is the same one as:
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/f...ig-t52884.html
That thread was posted in 2011.
Does anyone have the instructions or explain how to use it please?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to jim, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I came across this thread just now as I was going to throw away the original
instruction sheet and was searching for a digital version. I couldn't find one
online so I scanned the original instead. Hope this helps!
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/7g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/09/16 17:44, Tomas Eklund wrote:
replying to jim, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I came across this thread just now as I was going to throw away the
original
instruction sheet and was searching for a digital version. I couldn't
find one
online so I scanned the original instead. Hope this helps!
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/7g

Is this less than 15 years old?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't know its a picture of text very clever.. not.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
On 30/09/16 17:44, Tomas Eklund wrote:
replying to jim, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I came across this thread just now as I was going to throw away the
original
instruction sheet and was searching for a digital version. I couldn't
find one
online so I scanned the original instead. Hope this helps!
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/7g

Is this less than 15 years old?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to The Natural Philosopher, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I believe I might have bought it circa 2007, but I could be mistaken. It is
however exactly the same model that the OP posted a link to (pictured).
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/7h

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
Tomas Eklund m writes
replying to The Natural Philosopher, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I believe I might have bought it circa 2007, but I could be mistaken. It is
however exactly the same model that the OP posted a link to (pictured).
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/7h

I think that TNP was referring to the post that you are replying to,
rather than the device.

You should be aware that you are posting via a scamming website that
steals old post from newsgroups and pretends they are active
discussions.

You should find a proper newsreader and learn about usenet, which is
where this post came from.

I seem to remember a Tomas Eklund from the distant past, who would have
known about this. Maybe you are not the same person.

It is good that you are trying to help, though.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bill, Tomas Eklund wrote:
I see... I've never stumbled upon HomeOwnersHub.com before but after reaching
it from a quick google search, I saw no reason to believe that the site was
anything other than a legit online forum for DIY-ers. There is no indication
that it is actually a "scamming" frontend to usenet. I honestly can't see how
I (or anyone else) "[could] have known about this". The question was from
early 2015, which I didn't consider too old under the specific circumstances -
I presume Jim still has his dowelling jig buried somewhere in a workshop
drawer. Also the post had no replies and I was hoping that Jim had e-mail
notifications turned on.

So, I apologize for hitting some sore usenet-OCD nerves and I'd like to thank
you, Bill, for clearing things up in a semi-polite manner.

In the distant past I did occasionally explore usenet, using a "proper
newsreader" and all, but I can't say for sure that I am the Tomas Eklund that
you remember. Honestly though, I thought usenet was dead. The fact that
actually helpful posts (I'd like to think mine is) are met by unhelpful,
snarky and indecipherably monosyllabic meta posts such as those by TNP and BG
is one of the reasons I'm not currently planning a usenet comeback.

Still, I wish you all a pleasant day. Stop usenetting and go dowelling! :-)

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...g-1021814-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Tomas Eklund, Ana wrote:
It Helps Me! And now is April 2018. Gracias desde Madrid!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...g-1021814-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 12 April 2018 19:14:05 UTC+1, Ana wrote:
replying to Tomas Eklund, Ana wrote:
It Helps Me! And now is April 2018. Gracias desde Madrid!

Using a sane portal to this newsgroup would let you see current discussion threads rather than historic ones. This is news:uk.d-i-y

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2018 20:50, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its like beaming down from the Enterprise into the middle of something.
Brian

ROFL!