Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tape head etc cleaner.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:48:22 +0000, Windmill wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" writes:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:44:17 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

However, the other significant contaminant is water, which is often
quite obvious after the alcohol has evaporated.

Meths: I was under the impression that meths had significant quantities
of water in it as well but wonkypedia doesn't think so.
And thinking about it would it burn nicely for your Mamod steam engine
if it was 30% water?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fascinating things for a small boy, weren't they?

They are. I have one!

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Jan 2015 21:30:25 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

And thinking about it would it burn nicely for your Mamod steam

engine
if it was 30% water?

Fascinating things for a small boy, weren't they?

They are. ...

Yep, still available:

http://www.mamod.co.uk/

Surprised the elves haven't banned 'em. Naked flames, boiler,
pressurised steam...

... I have one!

Still got mine somewhere as well. A stationary one.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice scribeth thus
On 26 Jan 2015 21:30:25 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

And thinking about it would it burn nicely for your Mamod steam

engine
if it was 30% water?

Fascinating things for a small boy, weren't they?

They are. ...

Yep, still available:

http://www.mamod.co.uk/

Humm...looks fine but seems a shade expensive for what they are now..

Can't remember what they were when I had one last must have been 195*
summatt or other;!..

Surprised the elves haven't banned 'em. Naked flames, boiler,
pressurised steam...

... I have one!

Still got mine somewhere as well. A stationary one.

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought a case of 6 off Ebay for about half what I'd expect to pay so
sorted for the next 20 years. ;-)

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-26, Windmill wrote:

Besides the dye, I'm told it does contain something to impart a bitter
taste.

Aniline.

I thought it was pyridine. But WTH.

BTW did anyone else get headaches after bending over a Mamod?

Andy