Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV Watchdog (OT)

On Thursday, 22 January 2015 18:56:14 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Thawed frozen bread could be classed as an oxymoron.

Only by those who don't understand what an oxymoron is.

The reason is that Frozen and thawed are two differnt states of the bread.

You quite sure you ain't one of those rocket scientist drunks ?

Which rocket scientist drunks as you obviously know them better than me.

You can't have a frozen thawed load.

But you can have a thawed previously frozen loaf.

yes of course you can or yuo can call it a loaf of bread.
Or you can have a frozen loaf that you put in the fridge to warm up.
Some peole don;lt belief you can pout things in the fridge to increase their temperature but I do quite often.

In the same way you can't have raw cooked meat.

But you can have cooked meat that was once raw meat.

Yes of course, I've never said you can't.
You can also call it uncooked meat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , RJH writes
On 22/01/2015 10:04, Rod Speed wrote:
tim..... wrote

Even if I only ate it as toast, still more work to toast frozen
slices than to toast bread that has never been frozen.

rubbish

Fact. Its harder to toast than fresh bread.

You must have led and be leading a remarkably easy life if you count
another 20 seconds in the toaster as 'hard'.

Get a toaster with a defrost button.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , RJH writes
On 22/01/2015 10:04, Rod Speed wrote:
tim..... wrote

Even if I only ate it as toast, still more work to toast frozen
slices than to toast bread that has never been frozen.

rubbish

Fact. Its harder to toast than fresh bread.

You must have led and be leading a remarkably easy life if you count
another 20 seconds in the toaster as 'hard'.

Get a toaster with a defrost button.

Got more than one toaster with one but they
don't produce anything like as good toast as
when you start with normal non frozen bread,
particularly with decent thick pieces of bread.

I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , RJH writes
On 22/01/2015 10:04, Rod Speed wrote:
tim..... wrote

Even if I only ate it as toast, still more work to toast frozen
slices than to toast bread that has never been frozen.

rubbish

Fact. Its harder to toast than fresh bread.

You must have led and be leading a remarkably easy life if you count
another 20 seconds in the toaster as 'hard'.

Get a toaster with a defrost button.

all that does is increase the time for any given "numbered" setting.

all you need to do with frozen bread is select the next number or two

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread. My local baker
will also slice any loaf you buy for you there and then.

So only someone stupid would talk about normal sliced bread.

--
*Keep honking...I'm reloading.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim....." wrote in message

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , RJH writes
On 22/01/2015 10:04, Rod Speed wrote:
tim..... wrote

Even if I only ate it as toast, still more work to toast frozen
slices than to toast bread that has never been frozen.

rubbish

Fact. Its harder to toast than fresh bread.

You must have led and be leading a remarkably easy life if you count
another 20 seconds in the toaster as 'hard'.

Get a toaster with a defrost button.

all that does is increase the time for any given "numbered" setting.

all you need to do with frozen bread is select the next number or two

Its more complicated than that with the thickest
bread, so thick that it only just fits in the toaster.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote:

I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

You only get one thickness of sliced bread? You poor dear.

You should also post your crystal ball on here - might help others to know
what you mean. But I doubt they're much interested.

--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

You only get one thickness of sliced bread? You poor dear.

our baker has a slicer that does mixed thick & medium. No9t, taht I use
it, we prefer to slice our own, it stays fresher that way.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

You only get one thickness of sliced bread? You poor dear.

our baker has a slicer that does mixed thick & medium. No9t, taht I use
it, we prefer to slice our own, it stays fresher that way.

Except for the first slice? ;-)

--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim.....
writes

"bert" ] wrote in message
In message , RJH writes
On 22/01/2015 10:04, Rod Speed wrote:
tim..... wrote

Even if I only ate it as toast, still more work to toast frozen
slices than to toast bread that has never been frozen.

rubbish

Fact. Its harder to toast than fresh bread.

You must have led and be leading a remarkably easy life if you count
another 20 seconds in the toaster as 'hard'.

Get a toaster with a defrost button.

all that does is increase the time for any given "numbered" setting.

Nope, it runs at a low setting to defrost then switches to your numbered
setting. That way you don't adjust the dial for non-frozen bread
all you need to do with frozen bread is select the next number or two

tim

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2015 12:34, charles wrote:

our baker has a slicer that does mixed thick & medium. No9t, taht I use
it, we prefer to slice our own, it stays fresher that way.

All the machines I have seen do thick at one side and medium at the
other side so will do half and half if you put it through the middle.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

You only get one thickness of sliced bread? You poor dear.

our baker has a slicer that does mixed thick & medium. No9t, taht I use
it, we prefer to slice our own, it stays fresher that way.

Except for the first slice? ;-)

I like toasted crust sliced thickly. ;-))

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'm not stupid enough to eat normal sliced bread.

Any supermarket in the UK sells a variety of sliced bread.

I was clearly talking about the thickness of the slice, ****wit.

You only get one thickness of sliced bread?

Nope.

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old could
leave for dead flushed where it belongs, as always

BBC Watchdog and radiators Graham C UK diy 14 November 14th 13 02:26 PM
Watchdog. John UK diy 15 September 26th 10 03:15 PM
Watchdog last night John UK diy 5 September 25th 10 12:14 PM
Watchdog stick the boot in again raden UK diy 2 February 13th 07 09:38 PM
Watchdog does Suprimas raden UK diy 29 February 10th 07 06:32 AM