Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing spout from Framke mixer tap

The spout of our Franke Zenith mixer tap is getting rather stiff to swivel,

Simple I thought, just unscrew the collar, lift it out and clean and
grease the O-rings.

But lifting it out is a problem. It was quite a struggle to get it to
move up at all, it's only come part way up and feels most reluctant to
move any further.

The parts diagram at
http://www.central-servicesuk.co.uk/...f8f3c3b2bf834c
http://preview.tinyurl.com/orkujnn suggests it should be
straightforward and there's no sign of any extra grub screw anywhere.
Does anyone know if it's just a case of brute force or is there some
secret knack?

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.south-services.co.uk/inst...e_orings_1.pdf

Hope this helps
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/15 20:06, wrote:

http://www.south-services.co.uk/inst...e_orings_1.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks, it confirms what I would have expected:

"Unscrew the retaining collar at the base of the spout.

Remove spout by turning and pulling from the body then
remove old o-rings and replace with the new set."

Problem is that attempting to pull it from the body results in it coming
to what feels like a very solid stop after about a quarter of an inch :-(

I suspect one of the O-rings is a bit mangled and jammed and will need
much brute force. I think I'd better order up a new set of rings before
I try that.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 12/01/15 20:06, wrote:

http://www.south-services.co.uk/inst...e_orings_1.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks, it confirms what I would have expected:

"Unscrew the retaining collar at the base of the spout.

Remove spout by turning and pulling from the body then
remove old o-rings and replace with the new set."

Problem is that attempting to pull it from the body results in it coming
to what feels like a very solid stop after about a quarter of an inch :-(

I suspect one of the O-rings is a bit mangled and jammed and will need
much brute force. I think I'd better order up a new set of rings before I
try that.

Probably jammed up with lime scale. Some vinegar might soften it a bit if
repeatedly dosed over a few days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Mike Clarke, coaster steve wrote:
Hi mike , Did you get a firm answer to your query on removing the franke mixer
tap spout ?? we have exactly the same problem.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1019172-.htm

Aqualisa 605 shower mixer - removing control knob Bill UK diy 14 April 14th 20 10:53 AM
mixer tap spout stuart noble UK diy 25 November 16th 12 07:19 PM
Removing the valve insert on kitchen sink mixer tap (Oliver Häffner) Mike Dodd UK diy 4 May 3rd 07 09:31 PM
Mixer tap (kitchen sink): spout getting 'heavy' to swivel MM UK diy 6 August 14th 05 11:09 PM
Installing New Tub Spout andy Home Repair 4 October 19th 03 09:57 PM