Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.windows7.general,uk.d-i-y

Default Remote content (pictures) in emails [OT in uk.d-i-y]

I receive regular emails from various UK companies, containing details
of their latest offers - Aldi, Lidl, Screwfix, Maplin, etc. These
invariably contain pictures as remote content. My email client of choice
is Outlook 2007 - yes I know! The OS is W7 Pro 32-bit.

Of late, many of the pictures have been replaced with empty boxes with
little red crosses in the top left corner. As far as I know, I haven't
changed any settings, and I've been tearing my hair out (what's left of
it!) to try to get the pictures displayed. Some display ok some of the
time - others don't - there doesn't seem to be any consistency.

Some of the emails have a link at the top inviting me to display it in
my browser. If I click on that, it displays in my default browser -
Firefox - and is ok, but I'd rather not have to do that. Alternatively,
if I click on "View in browser" (under Other Actions) in the Outlook
ribbon, it opens bl**dy IE - which is *not* my default browser - and
*still* doesn't display properly. So it seems to be a M$ problem. But
I've looked at all the settings in Outlook *and* internet options in IE
- and can't see anything which looks as if it needs changing.

Any clues while I've still got *some* hair left?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Emails harryagain[_2_] UK diy 16 March 19th 14 06:31 PM
Please stop these emails poppyo UK diy 47 December 12th 13 09:58 PM
OT - Educational Emails (thank you!) Stormin Mormon[_6_] Home Repair 6 December 6th 11 07:45 PM
sending emails [email protected] Home Ownership 2 March 14th 09 03:31 PM
Way OT Spoof emails Colbyt Home Repair 4 June 24th 05 04:52 PM