Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New boiler - controls?

Having decided that I don't like plumbing enough to do a CH system, and
also don't have the time - I'm looking at choices of boilers and
controls... The 2 GasSafe plumbers who are quoting both favour
Worcester-Bosch and I have no problem with that - they were on my list
of 2 with Viesmann.

So I'm looking at a combi with mostly radiators, one fan convector and 2
instances of underfloor heating - one of which *must be on it's own
zone*. Someone (John R IIRC, or might have been Andrew) kindly informed
me about the concept of the eBUS control bus that WB use (along with
others).

So I think my choices come down to (architecturally) to:

1) Native WB "Wave" contoller (but can it handle more than one zone -
unclear)? How easy is it to OR other demand signals into an eBUS system?

2) Third party eBUS controller

3) Homebrew using either ZWave + ZWave "TRVs" for per room control - or
simpler homebrew with perhaps 1-2 NEST controllers.

Any interesting suggestions for 2 and has anyone used 1?

Cheers,

Tim

Boiler controls help mike. buckley[_2_] UK diy 12 May 16th 20 07:13 PM
Boiler controls [email protected] UK diy 2 December 16th 07 10:38 PM
CH Boiler Controls Jeff UK diy 12 April 1st 06 12:08 AM
Boiler Controls - CH/DHW BeavistheCat UK diy 6 March 30th 06 10:17 AM
boiler controls Cuprager UK diy 17 March 7th 05 10:52 PM