Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Problems sending e-mail via Zen

I switched ISP from Demon to Zen a few weeks ago, and am now 500 miles
from home, but cannot send e-mails, although can receive.

Am staying with my brother, accessing his wi-fi, as I have done many
times before. Web access is fine, as is receiving news and mail, and, I
assume, news sending. Is this something peculiar to Zen? Could always
send via Demon when connected via brother's wi-fi to his Virgin account.

Error message :

Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:35:43 SMTP[C8299] - 550-This is not an open relay.
To send through this server you must either be
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:35:43 SMTP[C8299] - 550 on a Zen Internet IP
address or be authenticated over TLS.
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:35:43 SMTP command rejected while talking to
mailhost.zen.co.uk: DATA
550-This is not an open relay. To send through this server you must
either be
550 on a Zen Internet IP address or be authenticated over TLS.

Not a major problem, but assume this is because I am trying to use Zen
via Virgin?
--
Graeme

Sending video's The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 December 18th 13 08:15 AM
Sending video's The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 December 17th 13 12:26 PM
Sending video's The Medway Handyman UK diy 2 December 17th 13 07:34 AM
Sending texts from a PC mark UK diy 22 November 20th 12 08:28 PM
sending emails [email protected] Home Ownership 2 March 14th 09 03:31 PM