Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TCP LED Lamps

Anyone had long term experience with this brand?

Homebase (I know...) have a decent deal on candle format dimmables and
the dimming seems to work with a non "low power" ordinary dimmer quite
happily.

The box says "Nichia" which is good (good like Cree) being an excellent
manufacturer or power LED modules.

So all points to them being quite long lived. Just wondered if anyone
had any bad experiences?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Anyone had long term experience with this brand?

Homebase (I know...) have a decent deal on candle format dimmables and the
dimming seems to work with a non "low power" ordinary dimmer quite
happily.

The box says "Nichia" which is good (good like Cree) being an excellent
manufacturer or power LED modules.

So all points to them being quite long lived. Just wondered if anyone had
any bad experiences?

I bought several of the 810 lumen ( approx 60W equiv.) GLS type. The only
problem as far as I am concerned is the colour. They say 'warm white' on the
carton, this being stated as 3000K. It is a little on the blue side of
comfortable and would have preferred 2700K.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/14 18:29, Andy Bartlett wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Anyone had long term experience with this brand?

Homebase (I know...) have a decent deal on candle format dimmables and the
dimming seems to work with a non "low power" ordinary dimmer quite
happily.

The box says "Nichia" which is good (good like Cree) being an excellent
manufacturer or power LED modules.

So all points to them being quite long lived. Just wondered if anyone had
any bad experiences?

I bought several of the 810 lumen ( approx 60W equiv.) GLS type. The only
problem as far as I am concerned is the colour. They say 'warm white' on the
carton, this being stated as 3000K. It is a little on the blue side of
comfortable and would have preferred 2700K.

I did notice against their incandescent siblings in the same fitting,
they were a good deal cooler. But they seemed OK for our purposes
(living room). Just wanted to check it out before committing to a
chandelier's worth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

I am still looking for a SES fitting lamp that is dimmable, can manage a
real 60W equivalent light output, and will actually shed some light down
and to the side used in a cap down configuration. Seem to be a difficult
combination to find.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

You're looking for a 7 or 8 watt LED which is a rare beast. CPC have some
which are 5 watt.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/14 22:33, charles wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

I am still looking for a SES fitting lamp that is dimmable, can manage a
real 60W equivalent light output, and will actually shed some light down
and to the side used in a cap down configuration. Seem to be a difficult
combination to find.

You're looking for a 7 or 8 watt LED which is a rare beast. CPC have some
which are 5 watt.

Yes - the TCP candle is also 5W - I have not seen any more powerful in
that form factor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

When somebodyI know mentioned the blueness to a shop, the assistant came up
with the line. Yes sir they are nearly always a bit blue but they burn in
after a few hours and this is normal..
I am sceptical.
This would mean that the blue leds lose power over time, which I doubt is
true!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/14 09:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
When somebodyI know mentioned the blueness to a shop, the assistant came up
with the line. Yes sir they are nearly always a bit blue but they burn in
after a few hours and this is normal..
I am sceptical.
This would mean that the blue leds lose power over time, which I doubt is
true!

Yep - it's rubbish...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

When somebodyI know mentioned the blueness to a shop, the assistant came
up with the line. Yes sir they are nearly always a bit blue but they burn
in after a few hours and this is normal..

I am sceptical.

Yeah, its just sales droid bull****.

Bet what he actually means is that you get used to it.

Yeah, its bull****.

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:05:34 PM UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
Anyone had long term experience with this brand?

Do they have antiseptic properties?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:41:58 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

When somebodyI know mentioned the blueness to a shop, the assistant came up
with the line. Yes sir they are nearly always a bit blue but they burn in
after a few hours and this is normal..
I am sceptical.

A 5W golf-ball type I got from LED Hut at the beginning of last year
had a hideous green cast, so bad that I lobbed it on a shelf and
forgot about it.
Later on I pressed it into use for a non-important area, and forgot
about it. Several weeks of intermittent useage later, it occurred to
me it was now showing properly white, the green having all gone.

Oil Lamps [email protected] Home Repair 4 April 6th 14 04:30 PM
Oil Lamps [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 5th 14 10:48 PM
2D Lamps The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 7 February 14th 10 11:58 PM
LED MR 11 lamps Derek ^ UK diy 3 November 7th 05 12:37 PM
O.T. Making clear lamps into amber lamps NokNokMan Metalworking 14 October 12th 05 05:46 PM