Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default TCP LED Lamps

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 15/10/2014 18:49, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/10/14 18:29, Andy Bartlett wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Anyone had long term experience with this brand?

Homebase (I know...) have a decent deal on candle format dimmables
and the
dimming seems to work with a non "low power" ordinary dimmer quite
happily.

The box says "Nichia" which is good (good like Cree) being an excellent
manufacturer or power LED modules.

So all points to them being quite long lived. Just wondered if anyone
had
any bad experiences?

I bought several of the 810 lumen ( approx 60W equiv.) GLS type. The only
problem as far as I am concerned is the colour. They say 'warm white'
on the
carton, this being stated as 3000K. It is a little on the blue side of
comfortable and would have preferred 2700K.

I did notice against their incandescent siblings in the same fitting,
they were a good deal cooler. But they seemed OK for our purposes
(living room). Just wanted to check it out before committing to a
chandelier's worth

I am still looking for a SES fitting lamp that is dimmable, can manage a
real 60W equivalent light output, and will actually shed some light down
and to the side used in a cap down configuration. Seem to be a difficult
combination to find.

You're looking for a 7 or 8 watt LED which is a rare beast. CPC have some
which are 5 watt.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18