Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning curtain hooks

Took down some curtains yesterday, and noticed the plastic hooks were a
little grubby, as were the plastic brackets attaching the rail to the
wall. Removed the lot and cleaned the real, but the hooks and brackets
I dumped in the cutlery thingy, in the dishwasher. Came up just like
new! [2]

At the same time, I put the lid of our telephone junction box
(connection box) [1] in the dishwasher, which removed most of the paint
applied over the last fifty years! I will leave that in for another
wash.

[1] BT35A clearly marked GPO, so been there for a while. Incoming cable
has 7 wires, but only two are connected. A few more inches of cable
connect the BT35A to the master socket. Most odd.

[2] The dishwasher and washing machine are also excellent for cleaning
grubby Lego. Does not do the sticky labels many favours though :-)
--
Graeme

Hooks Andrew May UK diy 4 August 23rd 13 11:42 AM
Cup Hooks Frank Erskine UK diy 5 November 7th 11 08:18 AM
Hooks - where to buy? Simon C. UK diy 5 March 11th 10 07:03 PM
Hooks - where from? Sim G. UK diy 2 June 13th 05 08:23 AM
track join not even causing curtain hooks to get stuck... sandiyan UK diy 1 May 6th 04 06:26 PM